Thursday, December 14, 2006

Of Course...

Wouldn't you know it. Last night I told Roommate about the lizard incident. She told me that this happens from time to time. Apparently, they come in through the fire place. Wouldn't you know it - I have moved into a jungle!
I woke up this morning and sat down with my coffee. Yum. Relaxing. I called my Brother to get an idea of what Sisnlaw might want for Christmas. We stayed on the phone for a long time. We do that from time to time. When we hung up, and it was time to get ready. I was still in my p.j.s and house-shoes. I walked to the sink to put away my coffee cup and turn off the coffee pot. That is when it happened. I was right in front of the fire place and nearly stepped on something. When I looked down, there was another lizard running across the floor!!! It was not the one from yesterday. For one thing, it had a tail, LOL! For another thing, it was a good bit bigger than the other one, and a brighter shade of green. And yes, I screamed. I said "OH NO! THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!!!" I don't know who I was talking to, but it made me feel better.
I just stood there looking at it. I wasn't quite sure what to do. There was no chance whatsoever that I would be scooping it up and taking it outside like Sisnlaw did so gracefully. I called Sis. She suggested that I get the broom and sweep it out the back door. As a kid at work once said, "that's a great idea!" I got the broom out of the closet. The lizard had made his way across the room at this point. I took one good swipe at him, and he took refuge under the china cabinet. At this point in the game, I was running late for work; and since lizards are on my "list" I wasn't about to spend one second tracking it down. Who knows where it is know? Maybe Lucy will take care of it for me.

No comments: