Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm Back - Again...

To all of my faithful readers (if there are any left), I'm sorry that I'm so terrible at keeping my blog updated these days. There is barely enough time at work to breath, much less take any personal time on the computer. I still don't have a computer at home, and when I get someplace that has one, I'm usually so tired or preoccupied that blogging is the last thing on the list.

Without further adue, the update on the wacky World of Stacy...

Basically, I work, work, work. I'm on the phone and on the computer all day. I have now been at my job long enough that I finally know what's going on - most of the time - and long enough that I've even had a few bad days. Those are highly outnumbered by the good days. But, oh my goodness... we are sooooo busy every second of the day! It is unreal. A couple of weeks ago I had to go to Valdosta, Georgia, for a training class.

Now, do I have a few stories to tell about that. My regional analyst emailed me my confirmation info a week before I went. No big deal there. The names of the four of us attending the class were listed along with the confirmation number for each of us. Two guys were on the list and had the same confirmation number. I had my own number, and another lady had another number. Let's also keep in mind that I had to drive my own vehicle, it is against company policy for anyone to go with me, and it was an eight hour drive. I know you all know how much I love a good road trip, but doing it alone is a whole new issue. BORING!!! Once I got through Atlanta, I had no idea where I was really, I just knew I was on I-75-S. At one point I decided to call the hotel and tell them where I was and ask how long it would be until I got there and not to give my room away or anything. Then... WHAM! Here's a piece of news, "Ok, Miss Stacy, the lady you're rooming with has already checked into your room." WHAT?!?!?!?! As is turns out she was a very nice lady, but a little strange. I'm not sure if I can accurately describe her. 58 years old. Short. Bleach blonde. Top heavy. Not a hott-momma. From a beach town. Spilled her cleavage glitter in my purse and stayed juiced up on margaritas the whole time. This lady was tons of fun.

I have also built up a fan base for myself among my customers. One lady called yesterday just to tell me thank you for my help and for being so sweet. Another customer called last week for something, and it took about five phone calls before everything was settled and in that time, we found out that we know several of the same people. Then there's the other man... last week I apologized for keeping him on the phone for so long and he said, "Don't worry about sweetie, I could listen to you talk forever." Then I had to call him back for something else the other day and at the end of the conversation I had to ask, "Do you have any more questions for me today?" And his reply was, "Just one more question comes to mind. Do you have a boyfriend?" OK, so that caught me off guard and made me blush. I told him I did have a boyfriend. How crazy can some people be?

I can't think of anything else too exciting going on for now. There seems to be lots of drama circling around me, but thankfully none of it is mine. At least not for now, knock on wood. I prefer to keep it that way too.

And one more random thought I had today... I passed by the church in my parents' neighborhood that also serves as the polling sight for this precinct. And it occurred to me... Isn't setting up poll booths inside a church a violation of Separation of Church and State? Hmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY had that same thought the last time we voted...I vote in a church....its weird!

Anonymous said...

Like anyone reads the Constitution anymore.