I totally cannot believe that I remembered my log-in info to get back on here. It's been so long since I've blogged and I have missed it! I won't even try to catch you up on what's been going on in my little world since the last time I blogged. But there is major news going on in my world, and I'm so excited!!!
As I may have mentioned in blogs last winter as I left the daycare and church, I was visiting churches. I was very drawn to Cave Springs Baptist Church in Owens Cross Roads (OXR), which is where my friend Jennifer and her husband James are the pianist and Music Minister, respectively. They held the same positions at Woodville several years ago, and Jennifer and I became close friends. I went there more than I went anywhere else, then through the late spring and summer months, I just didn't go to church anywhere. The only two bright spots in my life at that time were that I was excelling at my job (actually, I was kicking tail at work) and that I had finally broken things off with the guy that had caused a lot of the trouble that I had while working at the daycare. That's something that I didn't really blog about at the time because I would have gotten myself in even more trouble. So by the grace of God, I had moved past that. But unfortunately I just traded one looser for another. I started dating a guy that I worked with, who was absolutely no good for me. In fact, bless his heart, he's no good for himself. Anyhow, by mid-summer I broke it off with him too, and as just enjoying being me again. And with "being me again" I started going back to church with Jennifer.
And there was this guy at church... His name is Jeremy, he's Jennifer's step-son, and I've known him since I was a teenager. I actually didn't like him very much when we were growing up, but we were friends I guess you could say. Anyhow, because I didn't know anyone at church yet, I always sat with Jennifer, which also meant that I was sitting next to Jeremy every Sunday. And every Sunday, I noticed more and more how handsome he was, and wondered how I had missed that in all the years I had known him. Each Sunday, he made it a point to tell me how pretty he thought I looked that day, and I'd always return the compliment. It didn't take long before I found myself thinking about him at other times, and always on Sunday mornings when I was getting ready for church he'd be on my mind. One Sunday, a group of us were going to eat after church and I invited him to ride with me. It was the first time we had ever been alone together in the 15 years we've known each other. It was totally comfortable and enjoyable. It became the norm from that point forward that we did after church meals together and as time went by I was totally crushing on him.
We were texting a lot, and one day when my car was in the shop he picked me up from work. I was falling for him. Finally, one day while we were texting I asked him if he had figured out that I had a crush on him, and he said yes. I asked what he was gonna do about it and we made plans for dinner one night that week. That went well and that weekend I went to dinner with him and his two children, ages 5 and 3. I already knew them too, so that was another comfortable date. Since that night, I don't think a day has passed by that I haven't seen him. Over the next few weeks what happened was spectacular, and before I knew it I was completely in love with him. It's unlike anything I've ever felt before. He has become my very best friend, my confidant, my everything. Words are insufficient to describe the happiness that he and the kids have brought to my life. I didn't even think my life was missing anything until I found him. And he was right there all this time. There hasn't been a time in the 15 years that we've known each other that we were ever out of touch with each other for more than a few months at a time, and all that time it never occurred to me that he was the one I couldn't live without.
It didn't take us long before we realized that we absolutely could not live without each other. The subject of "forever" became the topic of conversation. We talked about it romantically and logically, like paychecks and bills and what-not. We decided that we would get married on July 25, 2009. We started ring shopping. I picked out the ones that I like the best, and left the rest up to him. I don't have the ring yet, but our engagement is official. I decided that it seemed silly to keep paying rent on a house that I was only going to long enough to sleep and get ready for work, so I turned in my notice to my landlord, and have moved back in with my parents. The plan is, that I will be able to put the rent/household expense money towards the honeymoon.
Finding my Mr. Right is reason number one to be excited. Us being engaged is reason number two. Me moving out of Woodville is number three. Reason number four is that I couldn't wait until July to be his wife, so we've moved up the wedding day to April 25. Reason number five that life is so good, is that I'm back to my old self, only in a new way. This is the first time in more years than I can remember that I feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.
I'm hardly at home except for to sleep and to get ready for work, but at least now that's a free luxury. Thank God for parents who allow their children to be boomerang children. Hahahaha!!! Actually, they've been begging me to move back home for the longest time b/c they wanted me out of Woodville. Who can blame them? Anyhow, they love Jeremy and the kids so much. And Jeremy's family loves me. Mom and Dad are like kids in a candy store when the grand kids come over. Dad is Papaw Danny and Mom is Mimi.
One thing that I am going to enjoy about being back at home is getting to blog again. And being able to play on Myspace again. I probably won't be able to blog but once or twice a week, but that's one or two more times a week than what I've been doing!!!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so excited for you! I realy hope that I'm invited to the wedding. I can't wait to see you in a wedding dress!
AWWW!! This is the sweetest thing ever! I am so excited for you!
I am happy for you! I miss you so much! Those kids are soooo cute! And YAY for you getting out of Woodville...that's gotta be awesome! You totally deserve all this happiness! Love ya!~Ketti
Oh and PS: I still checked every so often to see if you'd picked up your blog again!
Post a Comment