...and I'm not quite ready. I have purchased a grand total of 3 gifts. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting everyone, but the funds haven't been available until now. And even still, the funds are scarce. It's like that for everyone I know. Personally, I had become accustomed to having a Christmas bonus that I used for most of my purchasing power for the holidays. The job I am at now doesn't award Christmas bonuses, so that sucks. The good thing is, I'm back at Mom and Dad's and don't have too many bills, so the next two checks are pretty much all going to the gifts. But that's cutting me as close as two or three days before Christmas to get everything done. But then, why am I complaining about that? I am the Queen of Procrastination after all.
Things in life are going well. I am so very happy and in love with Jeremy. Every day just gets better and better. Only 133 more days until he becomes my husband!!! But WOW... when I put it that way, it gets me a little panicky. We have booked the locations for the wedding and the reception. My aunt is coordinating the reception. My mom and I are coordinating the wedding, and at the rehearsal my cousin Amy will be directing everyone as to their proper places, etc. My Maid of Honor is my sister. I couldn't think of a better person in the world for that position. Mom and I have a meeting with the first photographer candidate after the new year. Hopefully things will work out and that will be the only meeting with a photographer that we'll have to have. I've seen his work and he came highly recommended in quality and price by someone I fully trust. Jeremy's uncle is going to do the video. When he first told us that, I was excited b/c I knew how much money that was going to save us. However, it was a week later when I found out that he has an unmatched talent in filming and editing. I can expect my wedding video to be something comparable to Hollywood. Also, I managed to score Jeremy's tuxedo for free, and get a discount on the tuxes for all the groomsmen and ushers. We are meeting with the tux place Tuesday night. The guest list is pretty much completed, but there are still a few people we need to add or double check to make sure they are on there. But we haven't started rounding up addresses yet. And oh my goodness... there's only 133 more days to get the rest of the stuff done!!!
But really I can hardly wait... I get so excited thinking about the wedding, but more importantly thinking about becoming Jeremy's wife. That's what I can hardly wait for. I've never been with anyone that makes me as happy as he does. He always knows just what to do or say. Last night we were at his dad's. His step-mom had surgery this week and we went to hang with her. We bought pizza and a movie on pay-per-view and vegged out in front of the big screen. After I got my belly full, I fell right to sleep. Bless his heart. I fall asleep every time we sit down to a movie. Anyhow, I woke up and visited a while longer and then dozed back off. I was afraid that I had hurt his feelings by sleeping through the family time, but instead he says to me, "I enjoyed having you snuggled up to me while you were sleeping." Now how sweet is that? And that's what I get from him all the time. I know he's not perfect - none of us are - but he is perfect for me. And I'm so grateful that I found him. There's never a dull minute between the two of us, that's for sure!!! He makes me laugh so hard sometimes that I could cry. That is something that I had lost along the way. I hardly laughed anymore, and smiles weren't that easy to come by. But he's given me back my laugh and my smile. I love him so much that there are sufficient words to describe it.
We are going to be very busy for Christmas this year too. Festivities will begin for us next Thursday night and not end until late Christmas night, and even then we will be having some after-Christmas gatherings as well. I'm looking forward to it. Jeremy... not so much. He would much rather get to just hang at the house with the kids and their Santa Claus presents. Don't get me wrong... I would love that too, but I love hopping in the car going from one gathering to the next and getting to visit with family. And the food of course. Which reminds me... I have gained about 10 pounds recently. It was a slow progression, but it has alarmed me. I haven't done anything about it yet. But I have been paying attention to what and how I've been eating lately. Basically, I'm snacking more, drinking soft drinks from time to time, having sweet tea every now and again, and not leaving as much behind on my plate. This is proof that the things that I had cut out were what lead to my weight loss, and adding them back is not the proper course of action in keeping the weight off. So I've taken steps in dropping the soft drinks and sweet tea again, but that's as far as I've gotten with it. It's hard not to snack this time of year, but I am going to make an effort not to pile my plate so high over the holiday celebrations.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment