Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I've been humming the Birthday Song all day, but using the line, "Happy New Year to you..." I can't remember a New Year's Eve when I've been this excited. That's not to say that I haven't been excited to see each new year roll around, but this year is better. 2009 already holds some major events for me. I'm getting married this year!!! And with that comes a calendar jam packed with wedding related events. The next four months are going to be full of appointments here and there, parties and showers, etc. I am so excited! But I am the most excited about becoming Jeremy's wife. I am so blessed to have him in my life. I am also very excited to get to spend New Year's Eve with the love of my life. Since I can remember, I've rung in the New Year with dear friends, but I have always longed to get to kiss my sweetheart when the clock struck midnight. This year I get to. I'll probably have to take a nap some time tonight to make it to midnight. I was up this morning at 6:15, and I have to work a full day today. And it has just occurred to me that I have not had any coffee today. I'll have to suck down some of that too. These days I'm not worth much after 11pm. I can see myself curled up on the couch and James and Jennifer's tonight probably around 10 or so enjoying a nap. I already told Jeremy that he can expect that. He just said, "I know." Bless his heart. But he'll be playing video games with his dad and his uncle, so he'll be OK. Karlei is spending the night with Nanna tonight, but we'll have Jagger. He wanted to stay with us so he could play video games too.

I said I was going to work on New Year's Resolutions... this has been a hard one; here goes nothing:
  • Watch what I eat. I am not going to say that I'm going on a diet, but I have gained 10 pounds in the past few months. And let's face it, it goes on a lot faster and easier than it comes off. So I've got to watch it.
  • Work on being less selfish. Have you ever had one of those reality checks where you realize one of your shortcomings and you're like, OUCH! Yeah... I've had one of those this year. I never realized how things just always go my way. And if it looks like it's not going to go my way, I do what I can to make sure it does. I'm going to take the time to ponder over the ideas of others and give them equal consideration of my ideas.
  • Be on time. That one speaks for itself. I run late all the time. I have to get better at that.
  • Pray more and read my Bible more. That one speaks for itself too. I do pray daily, just maybe not the way I should. And I am terrible about not reading my Bible. Mine has been riding around in Jeremy's car for a week. Fat lot of good it's doing me in there, huh?
  • Be nicer to my sister. She does a lot for me and I leave her feeling under appreciated all the time. Shame on me. She's awesome, and I am going to start letting her know that I know that about her.

So there you have it... Happy New Year to you and yours!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had a nice Christmas and New Year! I miss you!
--Ketti