Thursday, February 8, 2007

A Boy Named Sue

Someone sent me an email for a website where you can find out how many people have the same name as you. The site is: www.howmanyofme.com I thought it was interesting, so go check it out.

According to the site, which quotes the info from the Census Bureau, there are 299,968,595 people in the United States of America. I'm sure there is a margin for error there, but they didn't have that listed. Anyways here's what I found for me:

Stacy
  • 206,978 people in the USA are named Stacy
  • Stacy is the 305th most popular name in the country
  • 87.68% of people named Stacy are female

My Last Name

  • 23,997 people in the USA share my last name (I probably know at least 40% of these, lol)
  • My last name is the 1454th most popular last name in the country - tied with 210 more last names

There are 17 people in the United States of America with my first and last name! That is significantly less than 1% of the people in the country. I always knew that I was one in a million - apparently, I'm one in three million. No doubt.

Here are a few other interesting names and numbers I found:

  • Almost 50,000 people in the U.S. are named John Smith
  • 1,048 people are actually named James Bond
  • 113 people are named Harry Potter
  • 503 people are named George Bush
  • 31 people are named Emily Dickinson
  • 39 people are named Johnny Cash
  • 0 men/boys are named Sue

1 comment:

Ketti Johnson said...

I went to this site and there are 0 people named Ketti (which I know is untrue because of the wonders of Myspace i've met a few "Ketti"s) but 2,429,746 people with the last name of Johnson. Pretty neat stuff!