A friend of mine burned herself with a hot-glue gun a couple of months ago. She was stressing out about telling her dad. He likes to gripe, or share his opinion, about lots of things. It is his belief that a burn is the most ridiculous injury one can have. His argument is that if you know that you're working with something hot or near a fire, then you should take every precaution there is, and slacking on the precautions is the only reason for injury to result. Actually, he's completely right about that.
So here's my story. Wednesday night, one of the daycare dads was about 15 minutes late picking up his kids. Anytime a parent is more than one or two minutes late, I get really mad about it, but I get fire-breathing-dragon mad about it on Wednesdays. We close at 6 and church starts at 6:30 which gives me exactly enough time to run across the street and scarf down some food and then run back for church - and that only happens in the 30 minute time span because I call in my order at 5:45. And wouldn't you know it, late pick-ups only happen on Wednesdays when I'm rushed to get back to church or on Fridays when I'm ready for the weekend. I was so flustered about the whole incident. I needed some nicotine. I don't smoke at the Depot on Wednesday nights because we take some of the church/daycare kids over for supper before church and I have a "thing" about smoking around kids. The kids had been at the Depot for a while and I decided that I would just drive around the block to smoke before I went to supper. I mean, my food was already cold and I was already going to be late for church, so what was a few more minutes?
I was on the road and lighting my cigarette when the accident happened. I lit the cigarette, inhaled it, and was going to pull it from my mouth to flick the ashes. Somehow the cigarette got stuck to my lip, but my hand kept moving as if it was holding the cigarette. The result was my bird finger caught the "cherry" and knocked it out of the cigarette. I knew immediately that my finger was hurting and that the cigarette was still in my mouth. But then I saw that it was no longer burning. Hmmm. Now what happened to the cherry that burned my finger? I wasn't burned badly enough to have put the fire out completely. I looked down, and there it was, burning a whole in the seat of my car.
At first I didn't think that my finger was hurt that badly. By the time I got home that night it had formed a water blister. I popped it with a needle and clear liquid oozed from it for the rest of the night and even the next morning. So yesterday when I got to work, it was itching and I scratched it. That was the wrong thing to do. I accidentally scratched the skin off of the blister. So now, I have a hole in my finger. And it hurts. What an idiot I can be sometimes.
In other news... I got to see a good friend of mine earlier today. We haven't seen each other since the end of the summer. She always listened to my gripes about Ex because I always listened to her gripes about her man too. And, since she hasn't seen me in so long, she was almost speechless when she saw me because of how much weight I have lost. If she told me once that she thought I was beautiful today, she told me 50 times! And that is OK with me. Hahaha. We only gossiped about two or three different things because she didn't get to stay for long. But we made a lunch date for next week. I can hardly wait!
One day earlier this week, I was having a "fat day." I have those from time to time. I was wearing one of my scrub outfits and sometimes I don't like the way that one fits. So for the rest of the week I have been wearing jeans and cute tops. Now I feel better. Also, I can tell that I have lost a few more pounds. My jeans aren't as tight when they come out of the drier as they used to be, and I had to tighten up my bra again. But I refuse to get on the scales this weekend. I can't stand watching the needle drop only one or two marks. It is way more fun to watch it fall ten or eleven marks at a time. Trying to stay off of them is going to kill me, but I can do it. Maybe by next weekend the scales will have fallen about ten more little marks from last weekend. If so... it will be time to make a certain place to make an appointment to decorate my body. I can hardly wait on that either! I'm tyring to talk Roommate into getting a tattoo also. She already has one. She and Cousin will definitely be going with me though!
I'm going to have a busy busy busy weekend. I have to work late tonight. I am NOT thrilled about that. In fact, I'm pretty pissed about it, and I was very ugly to someone about it. Remember the part earlier about how people are only late in picking up their kids on Wednesdays and Fridays? Well, it's Friday and one dad has called ahead to tell me that he's going to be 20 minutes late. That's wonderful. I have plans for tonight. Nothing major or pressing, but plans just the same. Heck, if I had planned to not have plans, I would still be just as upset. I not-so-politely reminded him that there was a charge of $1 per minute for every minute after 6:00 that the child was here. I think I'll go by my watch - it's five minutes fast. Anyways, after that junk, my plans include going across the street for supper then to Cousin's. Hopefully the night will be uneventful. In the morning, I will be getting up early and going to get my hair cut. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to just trim it or if I'm going to change styles. After that, I'm going to help Brother and Sister-in-law move/unpack at their BRAND NEW HOUSE!!! Yes... my brother now officially owns his own home. Congrats to him. I am so happy for them. Then tomorrow night, Sister and I are going to the Rodeo. One of my favorite things to do... dirty cowboys - YUMMY!
Friday, February 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment