Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Early Anniversary To My Darlin'

So... I sort of forgot about my blog. Ooops. Sister reminded me about it the other day. I guess I was mistaken when I said I was going to keep it up. OK... I'll just start over.

What's new in the World of Stacy? Not too much. Maybe that's why I haven't blogged. Hmmm... that's an idea. My life is in a very happy place. There's no drama, so there's not as much to report as there normally is. Hahaha.

Next week - September 24 to be exact - is the one year anniversary of mine and Hubby's first date. Incidentally, the next day - September 25 - will be our five month wedding anniversary. Yeah... we moved pretty fast. That's OK though. For one thing, we had known each other for years and years, so those preliminaries (meeting the parents, etc.) were already taken care of. And most importantly, we both had spent much time in prayer asking God to put the right person in our path. So when we were standing face-to-face, we both just knew. It sounds cliche', but it's true. I've never had any doubts. I think I knew before we even went out for the first time that he was going to be my husband.

Our first date was so normal and yet so wonderful. We went to El Olmeca, which was the favorite Mexican restaurant for both of us already. Actually, we had already been there together several times with groups, but that was the first time on a "date." We enjoyed our meal, and good conversation. I spilled bean dip on my pants. Of course. We closed the place down. Then we had to go to the gas station (I asked to drive that night so I could get gas so I wouldn't have to get it on the way to work the next day). After that, I took him back to his car at the church. And of course, I had to use that bathroom, so he let me in at the Cave (the youth building). After my potty break, we sat in there and talked for another couple of hours. It was almost midnight before we left. He gave me a nice little hug when we said good-night. I had butterflies that would not quit!

That was a Wednesday. On Friday, I went to dinner with him and the kids. After dinner, we came back to his house and we just hung out. I can't even remember if we turned on the TV. The kids went to bed early, and we just sat on the couch talking and talking and talking. I didn't want the night to end, but finally I went home. He walked me to the car and planted a wonderful first kiss on me =). From there, I completely fell in love. I laughed for the first time in months. I enjoyed myself for the first time in months. Before him, a couple of other guys had brought up the subject of "forever" and it scared the crap out of me! And that's when things were good with us. Eventually, I got a glimpse of what "forever" with those two looked like. I can't even say that what I saw scared me, but I knew that it wasn't the way I wanted my future to look. On the flip side, when I saw my future with Hubby, it was just the way I always wanted my future to look.

The awesome thing is, seven months and one day later, when we said "I do," I still had the butterflies. And five months after that, I still have butterflies. Even when all we do is sit around on the couch watching TV, I can look at him and be overwhelmed by how much I love him. And be overwhelmed by how much he loves me. He has a smile that he smiles at me. I call it "my smile" b/c he only smiles it when he's telling me how much he loves me and sometimes when we're just looking at each other.

OK... so I didn't really mean to get all mushy, yucky, lovey-dovey, and I hope I didn't gross you out. But if I did, you'll get over it in like five minutes, so no worries. I love you Baby!!!

No comments: