- I'm about to be an aunt for the very first time. My sister-in-law is expecting twin boys any day now. In fact, I started this blog yesterday and when I got about this far, my mom called to say they were on their way to the hospital. But they stopped the contractions and sent her back home. She's 34 weeks, the boys both weigh right at 5 pounds each. Mommy and boys are both doing great so far. I can't wait to meet them!!!
- The "quit date" has been set. Tomorrow is the day. Thursday, September 24. Which is coincidentally, the anniversary of mine and Jeremy's first date. The day was going to be today, but it didn't work out that way. I needed one more day. And mytimetoquit.com says I can still smoke occasionally if I need to. And I was thinking that it makes sense. Like when I was loosing weight... If I deprived myself of something I wanted, I was worse for the ware than if I would just eat it. So I'm not going to have a "one last cigarette" party. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not going to use that as a cop out to smoke any ol' time. But I'm not going to beat myself up for falling off the wagon, if that happens, just like I didn't beat myself up over eating the occasional candy bar back then.
- Tonight I get to see something I've never seen before. We are going to watch Princess during her gymnastics class today. I can't tell you how cute I think it must be to see a room full of little girls learning gymnastics for the first time. She's been coming over every weekend trying to show us her dances. Of course, they don't make a lot of sense when the music is only playing in her head, but it's still so cute. She can already just spread out into the splits at any random moment. And she is practicing in-the-air toe touches, whatever those are called. She is also practicing cartwheels, but we have a strict "outside only" policy where cartwheels are concerned. She has also progress very nicely on her back hand-stand. I'm excited about tonight. Then she's coming home with us. That means that I'll have someone to hang out with during the day for the rest of the week. I love hanging out with her. She is so much fun. I'm looking forward to it!!!
- Very soon I will be announcing a new business for myself. Really that's all I'm gonna say about it until everything is official, which hopefully will be within the next few days.
- We are still searching for a home church. We have visited a few. At each one, we find things we like and things we don't like. The largest church that we visited was basically a commercial for an insurance company. We didn't like that. At the smallest one we attended, the preacher also led the music. We enjoyed everything there for the most part, but that was a lot of time spent looking and listening to the same person. We are still praying that God will lead us in our search. And honestly, we have enjoyed this experience. There are a couple of places we still want to visit and a couple we want to begin re-visiting.
- We bought two Christmas presents last weekend! They were small presents, and we weren't even really planning on getting them... Both were things that we looked for last year closer to Christmas time that we couldn't find. One for Little Chief and one for Princess. Christmas is three months away!!! Can you believe that??? Last year, we took the kids to Toys R Us, Target, Game Stop, Play 'N Trade, and Wal-Mart all in one day. Whew... and we magically didn't buy a thing that day except lunch. We just explained to the kids that we were shopping for ideas, not items. That way, we were able to formulate a list of what they really wanted and what they just thought looked cool. Then we were able to tell each set of aunts, uncles, and grandparents what Santa Clause was bringing, etc. so they would have a good idea of what to get. It worked out great.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Things Going On In The World of Stacy
There are several things going on in my little world right now... so here's a quick run down. (Well, "quick" may not be possible for me, but you get that by now, hahahaha)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment