Thursday, December 27, 2007

Another Christmas Has Come and Gone

Christmas was only two days ago and it seems like a lifetime ago already. Much has happened in the past week. For that matter, all month. I'll hit the highlights. I have a single-male friend that I hang out with a lot. There is absolutely nothing going on between us, for more than one reason, but we are both single and both need someone to go to Wal-Mart with occasionally and thankfully we have each other for that. A few weeks ago we were at Wal-Mart and we ran into someone we knew on every isle we were on. No kidding. Anyhow, the next day one of the people that we had seen at Wal-Mart asked my friend if we were dating. You'd have to know my friend and the man who asked him that to fully understand how funny that was. But why is it that a man and a woman can't be friends without everyone assuming that they have something going on? That bugs me to no end.
The work Christmas party at my house last week was fun! We had a lot of really good food... and I ate way too much of it. That was the theme for me this holiday season it seems. Stinkin' PMS... anywho, that's another story. I was nervous about that many people being at my house at one time for two reasons. One reason is that I wasn't sure how Scruffy would handle everything, but he behaved amazingly well. The other reason was that I wasn't sure how I would deal with that many people in such a small place. But there was plenty of room and all was fine. We played dirty Santa and I got some bath stuff. A girl can never have too much of that on hand!
Mixed in with the Christmas festivities, we had an Over-the-Hill birthday party for Soldier. We had dinner at The Depot of course, and then went back to his and Roommate's house and shot pool all night long. I need to toot my own horn here and say that I'm not that bad at pool. We played all night long Friday night and Sunday night, and my team lost very few times. Tons of fun!
There's a man that I know from here in town and he's moving. Saturday, he paid me to clean the house that he's moving into. I ripped out contact paper and scrubbed cabinets, walls, and floors. I also almost killed my fool self. I was sitting on the counter top wiping down a shelf and scooted back. Only there was nothing to scoot back on, and off I went. Luckily, he was right behind me and he caught me. Only me... I was so exhausted that I went home and sat on the couch for an hour doing nothing other than trying to get the energy up for a shower. I was so nasty I couldn't stand myself. Finally, I made it to the shower and then went to bed at 7 o'clock. I was tired!!! The next day my fingertips and arms were sore from scrubbing and I had several bruises on my legs. Whew...
Sunday night when Sister and I got back to my house from shooting pool, Scruffy ran away again. It was twenty degrees outside and he tore out of the house. I chased him all over the neighborhood, sure that the neighbors would start shooting when they heard me snooping around their houses. This time, he tore off through a pasture and I had a come-apart because I thought he was gone for good. He came back about ten minutes later. Thank God! It was killing me thinking about all the "what ifs" that could have happened to him. Then yesterday while I had him outside for his potty-break, he was nosing around in a bush and came out with a rat in his mouth. I refused to let go of his leash in fear that he would run off again, but you can imagine the fit I was throwing about seeing that! It was hilarious!!!
Christmas Eve, Roommate and her family came over to Mom and Dad's for lunch. We had a good time. They left then we met up with my mom's family at my brother's house. Cousin and her family weren't there b/c her daughter was at home with chicken pox. I missed her so bad!!! It wasn't the same without her. We did have a good time though, and found out that next year at Christmas we will have a new aunt and a new cousin. My uncle got engaged last weekend!!! I am so happy for him!!!!!!! (Let me clarify: she already has a child, they're not expecting one)
Christmas Day was lunch at Mom and Dad's, then dinner at Granny and Papa's with my dad's family. I racked up at both places. I got lots of money and jewelry, a couple of CDs, pajamas, gift cards, clothes, and a few other nick-nacks. I ate too much, but I had a great time all around. I also got about 100 text messages from friends wishing me a Merry Christmas. What would I do without text messaging? lol!!!
And the one last thing... I am officially on the hunt for a new job. That is a decision that I have been struggling with, but the time is right. So wish me luck...

1 comment:

Beth said...

Good luck with the job hunt!

Oh, and you know the reason that guys and girls can't just be friends without all the drama--b/c everyone knows the guy almost always wants to be more than friends! ;)