Well... here's another stupid-Stacy moment for your entertainment pleasure.
Today is Thursday, which also means it's pay-day. Therefore on Thursdays, I spend a couple of hours balancing the checkbook, double checking the receipts that I've written over the past week, making out the deposit slip, copying it, talking to the accountant, writing everyone's paychecks, and going to the bank. It wears my brain out really. But it's part of it, I expect it so it's never anything to complain about. Today chugged along just like every other Thursday. I made out the deposit slip, paper clipped the checks to it, copied it, and took it to the bank. This afternoon one of the parents was in my office paying his bill. That's when I saw it. Two checks that I listed on the deposit slip laying right there in my hand. I freaked out! And actually, I was surprised that I had not heard from the lady at the bank already. I told the dad he was just gonna have to wait a minute and I called the bank. I told her I'd be there in a couple of minutes. She said she was surprised that the Proof Department hadn't called her on it already. By the time I got over there (it's just next door) she said she had called them and they hadn't gotten to her stack yet. Cousin works at a bank and I've heard enough of her stories to know about proof departments and balancing and what-not. People get written up for being one cent off in either direction. Banking is a serious business. I was so afraid that the bank lady was going to get in trouble, but she said that all was well. However, she didn't waste one single second in scanning in the two checks. Bless her heart. I need a vacation. Thankfully, I'm about to get one!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment