Saturday, July 7, 2007

BLOND

Yep... that just about sums me up. Tonight Sister and I went to dinner with a group of friends. We took Little Sister along (not really our sister but we sort of adopted her a few years ago). After dinner we met up with Crazy Cousin to see a movie. We saw License To Wed, which is very funny and a really great pg-13 type chick-flick. This will not give away any part of the movie, but at one point the Reverend (played by Robin Williams) has the boyfriend describe each of the girlfriend's family members in one word. The boyfriend (can't think of his name, but he plays Jim on The Office) describes the sister as "blond." She took offense and he tried to back his way out of it. It was really funny. But not as funny as the idiot-thing I did before the movie started.

We got to the theater at 10p.m. and the movie started at 9:55. We figured since the previews are so long we had plenty of time, and we did. Luckily there was no line at the ticket windows, so all four of us went to separate ones. I took the one on the end, set my purse down on the counter and talked through the speaker in the glass, "One for License To Wed, please."

"That will be $8," the guy said.

So I take out my $10 bill and reach to hand it to him, but I can't seem to find an opening in the glass. I was looking all around, but there was no opening between the glass and the counter like there normally would be. So I looked to the glass, thinking that there was a hole somewhere that I had previously overlooked. Nothing. There was this metal thing on the corner of the counter and I looked at it for a second, thinking that maybe it was a bill collector or something. But, no, that wasn't it either. So I look at the guy with a mass of confusion on my face and say "How am I supposed to give you this?"

He said in a very dry voice trying to hide his laughter, "Move your purse."

OK... so I had set my purse down right in the dip in the counter where the money and tickets are passed through. As Crazy Cousin would say, O-M-G!!! What an idiot!?!?!?! So I am embarrassed beyond reason at this point and can't even look at the guy, but I picked up my purse and slid my money through. Only I didn't slide it; I placed it. Of course, this only added insult to injury because there is a draft in that little hole between the open area from where I was standing and the confines of the employees' space behind the counter. Thus, when I merely placed the money in the hole and let go of it, it flew out. Instead of letting it fall, picking it up, and being done with it, I tried to catch it in mid-air, thus making myself look like even more of a crack-pot. By the time I had my change and my ticket in my hand, I was ready to run for cover!!!

Not only did all of that happen, but once we took our seats, I told Crazy Cousin about it during the previews and she laughed out loud... and not just a little bit, but the loud crazy kind of laugh that made everyone turn and stare at us. Then I laughed at her and snorted which caused her to laugh again. By this point in time, Sister and Little Sister were ready to find a new seat. We did manage to maintain during the rest of the movie, but when the "blond" part came, Crazy Cousin cleared her throat and nudged me. I completely deserved it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ketti Johnson said...

nothing wrong with being blonde!!