Friday, July 13, 2007

Boredom

Forgive my whining, but I am bored. And not just with today, which so far has been pretty boring in its own right, but also with things in general. Just the same old boring life. Actually, life is rarely that boring; I have my fair share of mishaps and adventures when I'm least expecting it. However, there are times when I realize that I'm just doing to same things over and over just for the sake of doing it. My cousin just graduated from high school and is leaving this weekend to start training at the fire academy at Auburn. He has been pumped about the whole thing, but earlier today was having a little bit of a panic attack about it all. I sent him a message and told about how I felt the same way when I moved away to college. He replied back to the message and I think he's feeling a little bit better now. I was telling a friend of mine about it all and she said that she hated "change." I'm thinking that right now "change" sounds pretty good to me. I go to the same places and do the same things all the time. If I shake it up a little and walk on the wild side, then I feel like half of the people in my world would look down their noses at me. There's some fun things that I've done in the past few weeks and months that I don't even blog about just because I know that some of those people would cause a stink about it all. Last week I told Bull Rider and Cowboy that I was going to move far away because I had been looking at the same things for the past 27 years and now I was bored. Apparently Bull Rider thought I was serious when I said that, but it occurred to me, that I very well could have been. Except, when it boils down to it, I'm too chicken to just up and move far away all by myself. But, wow... I really need just one moment to knock my socks off, ya know? Something to break the chain. Something to make me laugh until I wet my pants. Something so awesome that I could talk of nothing else for weeks. I sit around and think about this from time to time. Should I look for a new job? I don't know... I love this one, but I need more money. Also, another job would mean another town. But would that be so bad? Probably not, but I am very spoiled to having things done my way in this one. Should I look for a new church? I don't know... I love this one. It's not perfect, but then, none are. I have a lot of responsibilities here. Those responsibilities are part of the reason I think a change of scenery wouldn't be so bad, but then again they are also the reason I can't bear to think of leaving. Should I find new friends? NO. Definitely not. I have the best of those a girl could ever hope to have. Do I want a boyfriend? Some days yes, other days no. Back in the day, I was prone to finding all the wrong guys. I took a break there for a few years (not really by choice, but that's just the way it happened), but since I've been back in the game I have found another line of losers. Let's look at the last three: Ex ~ compulsive liar, cheater - both in business and relationships; Big ~ liar and cheater; Bull Rider ~ an immature brat. I would rather be by myself as to have to deal with such as these men (and I use that term loosely) again. SIGH... OK, so I've whined enough I guess. Maybe I'll snap out of this mood before the day is over.

No comments: