Last Sunday, I was given a $90 check. I was out of deposit slips, so I signed the back of the check, wrote "for deposit" on it, and then wrote my account number. I sealed it in an envelope, and Cousin dropped it in the night deposit box for me on her way home. Roommate brought the mail in Friday morning, and I had something from the bank. I assumed it was the receipt from my night deposit and I was right. Only I was not expecting what I saw. The receipt was handwritten and it read $900.00 instead of $90.00! When I got to work, I called the bank. As it turned out, the teller who processed the deposit either got zero-happy when writing the receipt or actually made the mistake and caught it later. Either way, the actual deposit was made for $90. The lady at the bank thanked me for being so honest. I said, "Is it worth the other $810 to ya?" Her reply was quick, "No, but good try." Maybe I'll still find some good mo-jo from doing the right thing. Hahaha.
Last weekend while we were at the play, Latino Hottie left me a voice mail. I haven't seen him in a while, and was glad to hear from him. I called him back when I got home even though it was already late. We stayed on the phone for a while, and for the most part I enjoyed our conversation. He wanted to know what I had been up to, and of course I had to tell him the whole drama about Bull Rider. He told me what I already knew; Bull Rider is a jerk and better men out there. I told him that I already knew that and that I wasn't wasting my time on him any longer. He hinted that he would be glad to show me how wonderful a "real" man could be. This wasn't the first time he has said something like that to me, and for the most part I welcomed his flirtations. However, the flirtations are as far as things between us will ever go.
The first reason is that every time I think we are about to have a chance to get together, we miss each other. It's strange how that happens every time. The other reason is that he succeeded in pissing me off again. The last time it was because he invited me to his place for a "friendly" visit, and I figured he could have at least pretended that he was into me for more than that one reason. He gave the same invitation again the other night, and this time I wasn't as put off by it. It was later on when he pissed me off. He asked how much weight I had lost and I proudly told him that it was close to 80 pounds. He complimented me and we talked for a little while about how I did it. I love that subject. I told him that I wanted to loose 20 more pounds to make it an even 100. Every time I say that to someone, they tell me the same thing: "You don't need to do that, you look great like you are." But no... Hispanic Hottie said "Yeah, another twenty pounds and you will be looking good. I might have to help you celebrate that!" Uh, helloooo? Not the right thing to say to me Poncho. I mean, I have a lot of self confidence these days, maybe too much at times, but I have worked really hard for that. I don't apologize for my self assurance. And even though I think that another 20 pounds would be great, if I don't reach that goal, I'll not be disappointed in myself. But I am NOT going to tolerate some vanity-stricken man telling me something like that. He must have lost his ever-loving mind! If I'm having good mo-jo from the bank situation, he's sure to have some terrible mo-jo for saying that to me.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment