Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Yen and The Yang

Yesterday was just one of those days. I think the biggest problem was that I spent too much time feeling sorry for myself. But there are some valid things that had me stressed. In the light of a new day I can see the bright side to all the "junk" that I had on my mind yesterday.

First of all, my assistant at work has taken another job and yesterday was her last day. I spent most of the day drowned in my misery over how I'm going to survive without her. I haven't come up with all of the answers as to how that's going to happen yet, but I'm not thinking about it today. That's the Scarlett O'Hara coming out in me...

Another pressing issue on my mind is a two-fold issue. Roommate's husband is coming home in about six weeks, which means I have only that long to make new living arrangements. The more imposing problem here is of a financial nature. Basically, finding something that I can afford seems almost impossible. I've been struggling with the idea of finding a new job that pays more money. However, I do not feel that this is the right time for such a move. There are several reasons to support that, and yesterday I was feeling utterly helpless about it. Until yesterday afternoon when I got a raise. And not only did I get a raise, but now they are going to be paying three insurance policies that I have, which will save me another $40 a month.

I was so stressed that I got sick, and had to call my friend and bail out of driving down to see her today. I miss her because we only see each other a couple of times a year, and I'm bummed that I didn't get to go. But, if I had gone, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy my time with her with all this junk on my mind. So I'm going in a couple of weeks. I cried on Roommate's shoulder the whole day via email. She took me out to dinner last night to cheer me up. It worked, but I still had the headache from Hell. So as soon as we got home (and figured out that Barry Gibb was a guest celebrity coach/performer on American Idol this last season ~ long story there) I went to bed. Only my headache was so bad that I couldn't go to sleep. I had been trying to fall asleep for about thirty minutes when my phone rang. It was my hot Latino friend. We stayed on the phone for about thirty minutes, and when we hung up, I felt better about myself, my stress, and my headache was gone. I woke up early this morning, but felt like I had been asleep for three days. I have a much better outlook on everything today.

No comments: