Sunday, August 12, 2007

Got Style?

The Style Network, that is. Most cable and satellite providers carry the Style Network. Most of the DirecTV customers I know have it on channel 235. I know what you're thinking... since when do I of all people care about something like the Style Network. The answer is simple: Since my cousin appeared on their reality show, Split Ends. It's a sort of shop-swap, where they take people in different genres of hairstyling and send them to work in each other's salons for a few days. My cousin's episode aired for the first time last night.

I was a little concerned that they might make Small-town, Alabama look more like Hickville, USA. There was no disguising the country accents, but the southern hospitality was nicely portrayed. My cousin was given a hard time by the people in the salon he went to because he didn't follow their manual. By the time the show was over, I was ready to shove that manual up somebody's tail. It was a really neat program though.

It will be coming on several more times this week. Pay attention to your guide channel and be sure to catch it. It's episode #208: Joe Hammer and Scott Adams. Let me know what you think about it.

And as a sidebar: Rumor has it that the girl who does my hair will soon be moving her business to the shop where my cousin works, which was featured on the show. Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: