Since I spent last week blogging about the road trip, I have to catch up on all the other stuff. Saturday thru Monday, I was suffering from some sort of awful stomach sickness. I had myself all worked up and I got really sick. I thought I had an ulcer for a while, but I didn't have all of the symptoms of that. By Tuesday I was back to 95%, and by Wednesday I was back to 100%, so I never went to the doctor. On top of all of that drama, I was working on a research paper for a friend of mine. She had given me the information in plenty of time, but work was so crazy that I didn't get it finished until the last minute. But I did finish it, and it is really awesome. We are still waiting for the grade...
This weekend Roommate and I, and another friend took the kids to Lake Winnepasauka. It was so freakin' hot!!! I hung in there for a long time. I drank five bottles of water in about three hours and never had to use the restroom; I was sweating that badly. Yuck. I can ride any roller coaster no matter how many loops and sideways-up-side-down turns it has, but put me on a ride that spins me in a continuous circle and it's all over. I didn't get sick, but I had that drunk-stomach feeling. Then I just hopped right on the next ride - the Pirate Ship. It swings you up and down, up and down, up and down. The "up" was OK, but the "down" did bad things to my insides. There were some stinky people in front of me (and bad smells make me very nauseous) and some loud kids behind us roaring in my head. The combination of the already sick stomach, the up and down, the smelly people, and the loud roaring in my head was enough to make me loose it ~ only I didn't, thank God! Anyhow, after that episode, Roommate and I quit for the rest of the day. We found a pavilion with ceiling fans in it and vegged out while our friend took the kids on all the rides for one last time. Then we all rode the train around that park and headed home. We ate supper at Cracker Barrel and were home between just after 10.
We were so sweaty and nasty and yuck that all I could think about all day was getting home and taking a bath. I figured that it would be midnight or later before I got in the bed, but to my surprise I was out of the shower before 10:30. This is the stupid-Stacy part. I was drying off, and I flipped my head over to wrap the towel around my hair. Only, I flipped my head right into the side of the tub. OUCH!!! So as tired as I was, I had to keep myself up for another hour in case I had a concussion. I do have a small knot on my head, which means that the swelling went out instead of in, so I'm OK now. What a dork.
Sunday after church I met Crazy Cousin and Sister for lunch and then we went swimming at Rich Cousin's house. It was so awesome. My face and shoulders were already a little red from the day before, and Sister wouldn't let me use any sunscreen in the pool. The result is that now I am an official "red neck." My neck, shoulders, back, chest, and face are all red, red, red. The tops of my legs were a little pink but they have now turned to brown. Everything else is still a little hot and tender, but nothing to whine about.
Yesterday at lunch I saw "The Crew." That's how I now refer to Smiley and all those guys. They pick on me all the time, and I love 'em. Of course, they are still trying to convince me to go out with Smiley, but there's no freaking way that's ever going to happen. Anyhow, Boss (Smiley's brother) asked me if my ears had been burning earlier in the day. None other than Mr. Big had called him about some work related things, and he had asked Boss about me. More specifically he asked how I was, how I was looking, and if I hated his guts. Boss told him that I was good, still looked good, and that yes I hated his guts. Then Big told him to tell me that if I didn't hate his guts too much that I could give him a call sometime. Yeah right... I told Boss that the only reason I even kept his number in my phone is because I have it stored in the same group as Ex and Bull Rider, under the category of "Stupid Boys." That group has its own special ring-tone so if I ever hear it, I know not to answer it.
In other news, Brother got me all worked up last night. He called and told me about lead on a place for me to live when Roommate's husband comes home. Roommate and I hopped in the car and drove to the other end of the world to see the place. As soon as we drove by it, Brother called back to say that his friend had just sold it an hour before. Time is ticking...
Monday, August 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL that is hilarious that you have a special group on your phone for idiot men....i think about 95% of men in the world fall under that category. Of course the 5% that don't are our daddies and Joey and Joey is on the borderline sometimes.
Post a Comment