Roommate and I got home from work Tuesday night and found the house in shambles. Ethel is the culprit. She tears up something every day while we're away, but is really good when we're home. Tuesday was the worst ever though. You name it, she had destroyed it. Roommate and I went to Wal-Mart and bought a dog house so that we can in good conscience banish her from the house completely. We took our friend with us. While we were going through Wal-Mart with this huge box laying on top of the buggy, a random man said "That's one big doghouse." Without missing a beat, I replied, "It's for him," and pointed to my friend. It's not every day that I'm that quick witted. I cracked myself up on that one.
Then yesterday at lunch I did it again. Only this time I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not. We have chairs in our sanctuary instead of pews. The chairs have metal racks under them for the songbooks. Over the years, several of the racks have begun to fall apart. Tuesday I handed one of the broken ones to Coon Hunter (the husband of a girl at work, and he works with Smiley and Boss). Since he works at a machine shop, I figured he could weld it back together for me. So yesterday at lunch I asked Boss how much he would charge me to repair all the broken ones. He said that since Coon Hunter would pick them up and Smiley would do the work, it wouldn't cost me anything. Smiley piped in with, "Do I get a say in this since I'm getting volunteered to do the work?" I looked over at him with cute eyes and a flirty smile and a pitiful voice and said, "But you've been saying that you wanted to do something nice to get on my good side..." LOL!!! It totally worked. I wished that everyone could have seen the look on his face. It was priceless.
Now to that stupid dog. She is living happily, or not-so-happily for all I know, in her new home. Outside. And boy am I glad about that!!! Last night she weaseled her way into my bedroom. I was on the couch and I saw her when she went in there. I started screaming at her and ran up the stairs to get her. I was aiming to throw her out right then. However, something happened and I got tangled up with her on the stairs. I nearly busted my face, but I am almost sure that I have broken a bone in my foot. I have a small bruise and only a little swelling. But the pain is terrible and I'm limping around. Sunday is my aunt and uncle's anniversary reception, and I'm supposed to serve. That means that I'm supposed to be on my feet all day in tall heels. How is that supposed to work with this gimped up foot?
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment