Monday, August 13, 2007

A Spark of Laughter

I admit that sometimes it doesn't take much to amuse me. But it is a rare occurrence that I can still laugh days or weeks after I hear a funny story or see something funny take place. One of those things is the story of my sister falling down the stairs in our condo in Pigeon Forge a few years ago; that still makes me laugh so hard I cry. But the other night my friend told me a story of a joke that he made, and I have found myself laughing about it at the most random moments.

Friend is a good guy; divorced, father of two, clean freak, and a little bit country. I love him to death, and most every time I see him I can laugh about something that he says or does. He is an electrician, and he's always telling us some story about work. Apparently, there's some old man that works with him who knows everything and has done everything. This guy tells Friend and the other guys at work that he used to live in the Amish Village. He talks about that all the time according to Friend. But then one day he said that he had been doing electrical work his entire life. Now we all know that the Amish live in the 19th century and do not have electricity. Friend couldn't help himself, and asked the first question that came to his mind: "What sorts of things did you do? Put wicks in candles?"

I think Friend scored 5 points on that one!

1 comment:

Bek said...

this is so stinkin' hillarious!!!!!