When I got to their house Thursday night, it was bedtime, but I was wide awake. I unpacked, watched TV, played on the computer... still not tired. I sent Delivery Guy a text message to see if he was still awake (because let's face it, I love talking to him) and he never responded. Eventually I made it to bed... Friday night I left work early so that I could go buy the Christmas Program for the daycare. Roommate, Step-daughter, and Friend went too and we met up with some other friends for dinner. We waited outside the restaurant for a table, and it was sweltering! It's ridiculous to me that it can still be 93 degrees after the sun goes down! Anyhow, dinner was excellent ~ the food and the company. While we were heading home, I got a reply from Delivery Guy that said "yes." I told him I'd call him when I got home. I dropped off all the people in my vehicle, stopped for gas, then called him. My I just say that he is awesome for my self esteem. There is a possibility that we will be having dinner or something in a few weeks when I go down to visit my friend. I could have stayed on the phone with him all night, but we were both about to fall asleep, so we said good-bye and I was out like a light.
Saturday, Roommate and I went to my new house to do more cleaning. We weren't there for very long when the A/C went out. Great. Landlord was outside and heard it when it blitzed and he came down to check on it. He has no idea how to repair A/C units, so he was going to have to wait on his son to help. We worked without it for a little while longer, but it was hot and we were starting to sweat, so we quit early. I went to watch Cousin's son play football and to watch her daughter cheer. That was fun, but it was incredibly hot. I left and went to work to do a few things, then headed home. That was an early night.
Sunday Roommate and I went to a different church. I had the day off from my church because of my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary reception. Despite the pain that was still radiating through my foot from my incident with the dog, I strapped on the four inch spike-heels with my cute little black dress. Wouldn't you know it, those shoes didn't bother my foot one bit! (Grant it, by the end of the party my feet were killing me, but only in the "I've been wearing 4" heels for 5 hours" kind of way.) Anyhow, while we were at church, a certain person that I have known and disliked forever came up to me and gave me a hug and said, "Hello, Gorgeous." Well that just made my day. Before I knew what I was saying, I replied, "Hello yourself, Handsome." Because he did look very handsome that day. The fact that I thought that has disturbed me some, because never in all of my years did I think I would ever say that. I'm not going to make a big deal out of this though, because explaining it to certain members of my family would be more nerve racking than when I told them I was going to go on a date with Ex. And it's not like he asked me out anyways. Well... he did ask me what my lunch plans were, and we did end up having lunch together, but it was with a large group, so that doesn't count.
Anyhow, the anniversary reception was awesome. It was so beautiful, and my family is a good-looking crew of people when we're all cleaned up. There were tons of people there, most of whom I didn't know, but I enjoyed seeing the ones I did know. Luckily we were inside the whole time with the A/C running efficiently. Beating the heat seems to be the most popular game this summer. It was a tremendously busy weekend. This is Tuesday and I'm still trying to overcome; I am still incredibly tired. Luckily though, I'm not limping around anymore. My foot still hurts a little, and I am still sporting a bruise, but somehow or another, those high heels alleviated most of my pain. Don't ask me how that happened, but I am very thankful!
This is me in my hott momma dress. It's the same one that I busted my tail in at church a couple of months ago!
No comments:
Post a Comment