Apparently, it is a widely known fact around town that I am goddess. I mean, I've always known that I was... um, captivating... but the title of "goddess" took my by surprise a little. It's mildly flattering and highly amusing.
As it turns out there is a guy in town who has a thing for me. He is aware that he doesn't stand a chance with me (I don't mean that as terribly as it sounds by the way), and he thinks the reason why is because he is very overweight. He is extremely overweight, but that's not even on the list of top 5 reasons why I wouldn't go out with him. It is number 6, maybe. The number one reason is that he is much younger than me. I used to baby-sit him at church functions for crying out loud.
According to the person who told me this, this guy actually said that he thinks I am a goddess. He said it in front of enough people that now there is a segment of people in town who tease him about it now. So they all refer to me as "the goddess" or even better, "the golden goddess." I was shocked speechless when I found out that this guy was so taken with me. But I think it's sweet. It also kind of makes me feel sorry for him. I don't think there are many girls that do give him a chance. I told the guy telling me this story, "I'm nice to him, but I don't flirt with him or mislead him. Do I?" He said no, I don't flirt with him, which is what hurts his feelings. But that yes, I am nice to him, which is probably where the whole crush thing comes from b/c not many girls are nice to him. The simple fact that I wave when I meet him on the road or that I say "hey" to him when I see him is the reason that he loves me so. Poor guy.
I told a certain someone about it on the phone the other night, and he said that he was OK with calling me "Goddess" anytime I wanted him to. Ha ha ha.
Monday, September 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Must be nice to be well thought of
You wouldn't say that if I told you who I was talking about...
You're going to make that poor guy suicidal.
Post a Comment