Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Is It You Who Has Made Me Mad?

I have been mad all day long thinking about how badly the gossip wheels in this town piss me off. There is one place in particular where you can hear absolutely anything on anybody if you so wish. And hey, if they don't know it, then they'll just make it up. For whatever reason, the past week or so Roommate and I have been the hot topic of conversation. I mentioned this in my blog earlier today, but I wasn't mad than. I am mad now. The only problem is, I don't know who to be mad at. The lesbian thing was just kind of funny to Roommate and I. We've been laughing about that one all week long. But some of this other crap is for the birds. By dinner time tonight I was so aggravated that I was about ready to scream. I asked a friend of mine what she had been hearing about me this week. At first she said she had heard nothing. Then she corrected herself. Last week someone who knows who I am and sees me around from time to time, but doesn't actually know me asked her about me. Apparently they had heard... and get this, they heard it from someone who reads my blog... that I am a trashy tramp.

Are you kidding me? My life would be way more fun and worth talking about if I were a tramp. And my blog wouldn't be on public display either. I keep this whole thing PG-rated b/c there are kids from my daycare who read it sometimes. I never post a blog without that in mind. Do you people not have anything better to do but to sit around and talk about this crap? Is it because of the string of guys I have encountered along the way? Let me put your mind to ease there, dear "friend." They are all losers and I'm done with every last one of them. But that's part of being single, is it not? Meeting guys and sorting out the idiots from the non-idiots. Please forgive me for bumping into random men and wondering if they could possibly be my prince charming. Is it because I got a tattoo and/or rode on a motorcycle? Then screw you. Half of the free world has a tattoo and has been on a bike at least once in their life.

Whoever you are... please hear me when I say this. If you have a problem with me or the way I do things, then by all means, talk to me about it. I'm a big girl and I can take it. What I can't handle are two-faced back-stabbers. It's gutless and it disgusts me. I heard a saying once, "Brilliant minds discuss issues. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." Whoever you are, you small-minded prick, if you don't like what you're reading here, then quit reading it. If you don't have anything or anybody better to talk about than me, then your life is quite sad and I might be inclined to feel a little bit sorry for you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you know I don't usually read your blog or post a comment on it because I see your life first hand lol. But, when you told me what you were going to write about last night, I had to read it. You know my life is going to be different in a few days and I'm going to miss having you around all the time. I know we annoy each other sometimes, but I still love you (had to throw "love you" in there for the lesbian believers out there lol. Not that there's anything wrong with lesbians - oh that's a whole other comment lol). Anyway, this town we live in will never change. People will always talk. Like I told you, there aren't enough hours in the day for me to be a mom, hold down a full time job plus do all the things I get accused of doing. You know it doesn't matter what people think of you as long as you believe in yourself. Well, that's all the wisdom I have for now. Gotta get to work or whatever it is people think I do all day lol.

Ketti Johnson said...

WTF where does anyone get that about you and roommate? That's the goofiest thing I've ever heard. People are so freaking stupid sometimes!

Ketti Johnson said...

PLUS its stupid that people are so close-minded in this part of the world that they take issue with anyone being a lesbian, whether they are or not. THat's what's muffed up about this area of the country!

Stacy said...

Roommate:
I'm gonna miss you so much too. I just told the person moving my couch that I was going to be really sad tomorrow and Saturday. I love you too, in a total non-lesbian way of course. Lol! I'm not nearly as upset about all the talk today as I was yesterday. Today, I'm just like, "bring it on." I mean, I know who I am, and what I'm doing, and the people that matter to me know those things too. Screw everybody else. Thanks for everything that you've done for me and been to me this past year.

Blonde4bam:
I can tell you the exact person who started that. What it boils down to is that she has been out of the loop on me living with Roommate until about two weeks ago. Of course, I opened my big fat mouth to tell her and it wasn't three days later that the rumors started. Really, that rumor didn't bother me nearly as badly as hearing that someone actually thinks I'm a tramp. But today, I'm just like "whatever." Roommate and I are making good fun of the lesbian thing. I told her the next time we see a certain person at The Depot we should hold hands and whisper. Then she suggested that we fight over who's paying and who's driving. LOL!!! She told Husband too, and he loved it. He sent her a text yesterday that said, "Are you bringing your girlfriend when you come get me?" "Of course," she said!!!

Anonymous said...

Eleanor Roosevelt said that.

Anonymous said...

"Great minds discuss ideas...".. issues are totally different.

Beth said...

This reminds me of a country song I heard today on the radio that goes "Everyone dies famous in a small town."