Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So Much to Tell and So Little to Say

So this is my last week at Roommate's house. I've been so excited getting everything at my house ready, and thinking about being away from that dumb dog that I haven't taken the time to think about not having her right there all the time. Thinking about it now makes me very sad. Life is going to be so much different. Her husband is only days away from being home, and things will not be like they are now. I can barely stand the thought of it. We've spent the last two nights vegged out on the couch watching movies. I'm gonna miss that too. Just three more nights...

Also, it is worth mentioning that I sometimes I get so disgusted with this town. I know it's part of living in a small town that you have to put up with idol gossip, but the past week and a half has been just plain ridiculous. The next rumor was about Roommate and myself. Apparently, while we weren't looking, we turned into lesbian lovers. That's what the word on the street is anyways. There are two or three other rumors flying around that have me mad too, but I'll not put everyone's business over the e-waves. Give me a break. As Roommate said, "Wow, if only my life was really as interesting as they all think it is..."

Perhaps the last update on all the animals in our jungle (with the exception of trouble who is moving with me): Lucy is good. Sweet as ever. Ethel continues to pee and poop all over the house and drag paper towels out of the garbage can and roll the house with them. She spends her days outside while we are gone in order to prevent some of that. And this may be the most disturbing of all: she has taken to digging up bones and leaving them on the front porch. We're not sure where they came from or what animal they belong to, but we are collecting a good sized pile of them. Also, yesterday a Nerf football that we don't own appeared on the porch. We thought Prissy was prego for a while. Either she's had them and we can't find them, or she wasn't pregnant. She's so long-haired that it's hard to tell about her though. And we're down to two kittens. I don't what happened to the other one, but we haven't seen it since Saturday or Sunday. Oh well...

There is more to tell, but it will have to wait for a while. It would take me days to completely catch you up. Oh... but one last thing: I have my vacation planned for the last weekend in this month. I'm not going anywhere and I'm not doing anything. I'm going to stay at home and enjoy my new place. I'm gonna sleep until I can't sleep anymore. I'm gonna come and go as I please. And the only time I'm going to show up at work will be for church on Wednesday night and to do payroll on Thursday. I have threatened everyone at work with the loss of their job if the call in that week. I need a vacation for crying out loud!!!

1 comment:

Ketti Johnson said...

DOn't feel bad about Ethel and her bones....some random dog drug up a whole backbone from some poor animal into our driveway this morning