I will be moving tonight when I get off work. It didn't happen this weekend because my landlord ran into some problems getting the new A/C unit hooked up. That should be resolved by this afternoon. Also, due to other circumstances, like taking Step-daughter to the camp ground to spend the night with her friend and watching Alabama pull off an incredible win over Arkansas, there was precious little time for anything else on Saturday. I could have moved yesterday after church, but I haven't hung out with Cousin in a month of Sundays and I went with her to take her son back to his dad's. She wanted me to come over after church last night and play cards with Uncle and Sister, but I had to bow out so that I could go home and pack. It took me hours to get it all done. This whole year I thought I had been living on the bare essentials, but I have really accumulated some stuff. Tonight will be my first night in my new place. I'd be way more excited about this if everything was already done, but of course, I haven't unpacked hardly anything over there yet. I don't even have the no-slip strips down in the shower yet. I'm not going to stress myself out over it though. Whatever I don't get done this week, I can work on next week while I'm on my much needed at-home-vacation.
Oh... and on a different note. I have come to terms with the fact that everyone in the world may not think I am as awesome as the rest of us know that I am. OK, that was sort of joke, but really I mean it when I say I am totally over the drudgery of the gossip chain, back-biting, mud-slinging of this town. I've learned my lesson in all of this. I do my fair share of gossipping too, so I've decided to pull up on that train for a while. It's hard enough to find adequate time in the day to take care of my own things, much less those of someone else's.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you and your good attitude towards the ignorance of the world. I still hope those people get explosive diarreah!!
Post a Comment