I haven't given any details lately about the moving situation. Thankfully, everything is still on course. I have scrubbed cabinets, closets, walls, windows, and shelves. I have set off bug-bombs to kill the spiders. And this weekend I brought over the boxes of kitchen things and a few other what-nots. I have started washing curtains, sheets, etc. My landlord is awesome. He has re-painted the outside of the house, he took down the hideous window boxes, re-painted the trim inside the house, fixed the oven, hung new door on the front, and has a new one to hang on the back. Now all he has left to do is fix the air conditioner. It went out last weekend while Roommate and I were cleaning. We didn't stay for long, because it got hot in there very quickly. It was hot this weekend too, but nothing I couldn't handle.
Last night, Sister and I unpacked all the boxes and laid the stuff out. Everything will have to be washed before I can put it away. I didn't start that, because I need to put new shelf paper in the cabinets first. So we went to Wal-Mart to buy said shelf paper last night. While we were there, I found a comforter set that will match my bathroom and not clash with the ugly carpet. It was on sale, so I snatched it up! I drove one way to get there and another way to get home so that I could time it and see which way was quicker. Both ways were the exact same, so I guess my route will just depend on whatever else I have to do while I'm "in town."
I'm planning on going over there tonight to work on the shelf paper. This will be the only night that I can work over there, unless I go tomorrow night after church. I'll get to work over there Friday night and early in the morning on Saturday. But Saturday is my friend's bachelorette party and it starts mid-afternoon, so I won't get to do that much at the house. Then I'll have to bust it next week so that I'll have everything ready for my guys to move my furniture on Saturday, September 15. I can hardly wait!!!
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment