Saturday, September 1, 2007

I'm a Star, Didn't You Know?

A couple of quick updates: The weather has finally broken, I think. Most days this week did not even reach 90 degrees, and it rained two or three afternoons. I enjoyed the twenty degree difference. Also, my foot is healing up quite nicely. The heels I wore last Sunday shifted the way I carried my weight, and that seemed to make all the difference. The bruising was still pretty ugly for most of the week, but it seems to be fading away now. Thank God!

Work this week was drama-free until yesterday. It was my new assistant's last day. We got her a cake and a going away present. Good times, but it was sad to see her go. Right before party-time another girl took her break, and backed her truck into someones car. The girl she hit goes to our church and she had come to pick up her little brother from daycare. Everything would have gone smoothly except the lady's husband cussed her like a dog and got her majorly upset. I do not like that man.

After work, Step-daughter, a girl from work, and I went to watch our town's football team. It's only their second season, and all of the games are away because they don't have a football field yet. I didn't know how to get to school we were going to, so a lady from church gave me directions. Apparently she didn't know where the school was either because we ended up about thirty miles out of the way from where we were supposed to be. I had to call someone else to give me directions on how to get back to the right place. We made it to the game with 5 minutes left in the second quarter. And fat lot of good it did to even go. We got stomped 52-0. Ouch. But it was good fellowship with friends so it wasn't a completely wasted trip. And, later on in the season we'll be playing at the place we went to start with, so now I know how to get there. Ha ha ha.

I saw Delivery Guy at lunch this week. I dressed up a little extra that day. When he sat down to eat, a former daycare grandparent was sitting with me and catching me up on his family's drama. He was also commenting on my weight loss. When he left my table, I began making my way to Delivery Guy's table. Another person stopped me to comment on the weight loss. When I finally sat down with Delivery Guy, he said, "You're the star of The Depot today." I said, "I'm a star everyday, didn't you know?" Anyways, we talked for quite some time and he kept showering me with compliments. I love that. Does it get any better than having one of the hottest guys you've ever known say "You're beautiful" with every other sentence? I told him that a friend of mine had let me borrow a work-out DVD, and that I was hoping it would help me loose the last 18 pounds (to make the 100 pounds) and help tone me up. Finally, he said what I had been wanting him to say, "You don't need to loose 18 more pounds. You don't need to loose anymore anyways. You look fantastic just like you are." I could have melted into the floor. The hard part of all of this is that I know nothing will ever come of this thing with him. I have spent many hours in prayer about this and every time, God shows me the same answer. So I keep that in the front of my mind at all times, or least I try to. Even though I know that we won't be together, it's still nice to have the hott guy around to whisper sweet-nothings to me.

No comments: