Monday, November 5, 2007
Day Three and Counting
Day three of what, you ask... OF ME NOT SMOKING!!! Only, really I'm struggling too much to be as excited as I sound about it. Through a chain of events, I semi-voluntarily handed over a brand new pack of cigarettes Friday night to a friend who doesn't smoke. God only knows what he did with them. I've been trying not to think about where they are. Hahaha. Saturday was just one big craving. I made it through each and every one though. Yesterday was a little easier, and today was even easier than yesterday. I am still having cravings at certain times: in the car, after I eat, etc. However, I have managed to fight it. I have chewed a lot of gum. And by "a lot" I mean, A WHOLE BUNCH of gum. Yesterday after lunch I wanted one so bad... and I wanted chocolate too. The reason for the chocolate craving is two-fold. One, I'm PMS-y this week, and two, I had no cigarettes. So I went to the store and bought a Snickers bar. I came home, took two bites, and then chided myself for substituting food for cigarettes. If I make a habit of that, I'll get fat again, and I'm not gonna let that happen. I put the rest of the candy bar in a zip-loc bag and stuck it in a drawer. At this point in the game, I would probably kill for a cigarette. However, a couple of other people I know are quitting too and I'm just not gonna let them beat me. I hate to loose, so I'm just not going to. This is the first public announcement that I've made about the whole thing too. And I don't want a lot of "you can do it" "it's about time" comments thrown my way. Actually, I'd just prefer it people left it at "you've got my support." One of my friends very sweetly offered to buy me gum anytime I was in a crunch. I may have to take him up on that. But really... a girl can only chew so much gum, ya know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY STACY!!! Congrats on continuing your journey down the road of healthy-living.
Sam's sells Orbitz and other brands of gum in bulk. I hear sugar-free lollipops help too.
Just don't quit the habit of blogging!
Post a Comment