Thursday, November 1, 2007

I Have Gotten Out of the Habit

Apparently, I have gotten out of the habit of blogging. That's a shame because I love to do it, but I have been super busy at work lately so computer play-time is out. There hasn't been much in the way of excitement these days, but I do have a few interesting stories to share.

This past weekend Cousin had a birthday/ Halloween party for her son. There were tons of kids there, and they were all dressed up. There was fun and games all around. One of our friend's sons was also celebrating his birthday so she brought all kinds of amazingly spooky and delicious food. Cousin asked me to make a pot of chili. I tend to make it pretty hot and she asked me to tone it down since kids would be munching on it. I swear, I thought I was taking it pretty easy, but apparently I was wrong. I could hear the murmurs, This is hot chili, This chili is good but it's hot, I like it hot, this is good. So I got myself a bowl and found out what they were talking about. The first bite actually brought tears to my eyes! I managed to finish it, but I was literally sweating the entire time! Monday I went home for lunch and had another bowl of it. Same thing... literally sweating. I told one of my guy friends about it and he didn't believe me, so he came over to have a bowl. He couldn't even finish the bowl. It was hilarious!

Last night was Halloween. This is the second Halloween that I have spent in this town. Well... for several years before that I have been here, but only at the church for Trunk-or-Treat. Last year I walked the streets of town with Roommate and her kids while they trick-or-treated, and this year even though her husband is home now, I tagged along again. We had so much fun. Actually, we may have had more fun than the kids. Hot Rod (Roommate's husband) has only been home for a month and many people in town haven't seen him yet. So every house that we went to we had to wait on him to play "catch up" with them. But that was really pretty cool. Step-daughter was wearing uncomfortable shoes (thanks to her mom) so she was grumbling a lot. Step-son thinks he's too cool to be seen with us so he was not having that much fun either. At one point in time Step-daughter was whining, "Momma, I'm hungry." Step-son didn't miss a beat. He said, "It's called candy. Eat it!" When we got back to where we had parked our cars, we ran into one of our friends and her two girls. I was holding the youngest one (she's three) and my friend wanted to take our picture. I was trying to squat down and the little girl threw her weight back and we both fell. It was so embarrassing, but more than that, I was freaking out because I thought she was hurt. Thankfully, we were both alright. But leave it to me to do something like that.

No comments: