Tuesday, November 6, 2007
The Jinx
It seems that every time I post a blog about something that I am going to try, I jinx myself and never get it done. I'm not going to take the time to count it up, but how many times have I blogged about walking? Several times that I am aware of. And am I still walking? Of course not. Remember the blog about me doing the treadmill since the outdoor walking wasn't happening? Not doing that either. Remember the one about me doing the work-out DVD that my friend let me borrow? Yeah, I did that one twice. It is now collecting dust on a shelf, and the weights that I used for it are still riding around in the trunk of my car, where they have been since I moved from Roommate's house. So is it any wonder that since I posted a blog yesterday about quitting smoking that last night was when I faltered? Oh yes... I totally fell off the wagon. Well, not totally because I am bound and determined to quit. Just not today. Or tomorrow. The fact is, I know that most people think it's a disgusting habit, and that it stinks, and is unlady-like and all of that. And I know that it is harmful to my health. And I know that I waste too much money on it. But I enjoy it. I honestly do, and the thought of not smoking any more for the rest of my life made each more moment without one that much more terrible. I have always said that I would quit before I was 30. I have two and half more years to get that done. The sad thing is, I'm not even really beating myself up over this. The only thing that I'm mad about is that I was excited about how much money I could save if I quit. I have decided, and have done a pretty good job so far today, to cut back. I usually smoke a pack a day, so I'm going to try to keep a pack around for two or three days. So far so good with that. Maybe saying that won't jinx me! OK... so there's that. Sorry to those of you getting your hopes up... But still, spare me the self-righteous bull crap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
One of our radiologist's mother died this morning from lung cancer. She was 55.
No bullcrap just the facts!
Post a Comment