Tuesday, November 20, 2007
My Newest Pal
It has been two weeks since I have posted a blog. I am highly upset at myself for being so lax about this. I'm wondering if anyone even checks it anymore. Oh well... I've totally neglected to write about my newest friend. His is four years old, weighs about five pounds, is a little white fuzz ball, miniature poodle named Scruffy. He is absolutely the cutest little thing I've ever seen. I started out dog-sitting him for a friend, then I became attached and told the friend that I wasn't giving him back. My hang-up with inside dogs are the excessive barking and chewing of my belongings. And I'm not patient enough to potty train them. Scruffy is perfect because even though he's little-bitty, he's full grown and already an adult so he doesn't chew on anything. He was already house trained, although he hasn't made that adjustment too easily. And he only barks when he hears someone pull into the drive way. I hate yappy little dogs, so I appreciate that he doesn't carry on like that all the time. He sleeps on the bed, curled up right next to me. And you know that saying "he follows me around like a little puppy dog" Well, I know where they get that from now. Everywhere I go, there he is. It's so precious. I could go on and on and on about all the cute things that he does, but I won't. At least not today. I will tell you that he absolutely loves it when I take him on walks. We have an "early morning ritual" a few days a week of waking up and going to the snack bar to get a biscuit. He loves that. Mainly because when I leave the house and don't take him, he goes ballistic. He whines and cries as if someone is ripping him to pieces. It's so sad. But when I get home, he goes crazy... He jumps all over the place and runs around in circles because he's so glad to see me. I'll play with him and wrestle with him for a few minutes, then he poops out on the couch and is just the sweetest little angel for the rest of the night. I know it seems ridiculous for me to carry on this much over a dog, but I just fell totally in love with him. I have a few pictures of him on my phone, but the quality is not very good. I'll get some good pictures of him soon and post a few on here so you can see what a cutie he is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment