Monday, October 22, 2007

A Rainy Monday

I went to sleep last night at 9:30 and didn't wake up this morning until 9:30. Mercy... Saturday morning Roommate and I went to a yard sale. I had to wake up at 5am to get ready to go, and I was dead on my feet. The main reason for that was probably the late hour I went to bed Friday night. But I'm a big girl and knew that was going to happen, so I didn't whine about. Well, OK, yes I did, but not too badly. Anyhow, after a few hours of not finding anything and fighting traffic in the yard sale neighborhood, we came home to watch the Bama game. Go Bama! I felt like crap all day. I took two naps, but those didn't really seem to help either. I was beginning to get a little depressed thinking about how old and out-of-shape I have become. When I was in college, I could stay out all night long ~ and I literally mean ALL night ~ take a quick nap, then make it to class and be pretty fresh for the entire day. But now, at the ripe old age of 27, I can't seem to function on any less than seven or eight hours of sleep.

However, when I woke up Sunday I discovered the real reason why I felt so bad. I had the sinus junk in my throat and head. Yuck-o. The back of my throat feels as if I've sucked water up my nose, and I have pressure in my head. I made it through most of the day feeling alright, but by last night I just had to give it up. I didn't come in to work until after lunch. I have on zero make-up, and didn't take much time with my hair so I'm having a terrible hair day. And I look better than I feel. And to top it off, it's a rainy Monday. I didn't even know it was raining until I left home this afternoon around 12:30. It's a good thing too; had I known at 9:30 that it was a rainy Monday, I'd probably still be in the bed.

No comments: