My weekend was busy, yet relaxing... and not all that interesting. I left work early Friday to attend my Granny's birthday dinner. She turned 70. That's my paternal grandmother. If my maternal grandfather was still alive, it would have been his birthday as well and he would have been 81 I think. He's been gone for thirteen years and I still miss him. Anyhow, we had a nice enough time at dinner, and as we were leaving, I ran into a friend from college who now lives in this area. I got to meet her son, who is 10 months old. He is so precious! Then my sister and I went to watch my Alma Matter play football. That was boring. They're really good this year (when I was in school they sucked) and the team they played was really bad, so it wasn't much of a game to watch. And, it's so weird what being gone for nine years will do... The only people there that I knew were my aunt and uncle, whom I never see and that was the second time that day I saw them, and one other man who is a friend of a friend. I didn't know any of the kids on the team or any of the faces in the crowd. Since the game was not very interesting and we didn't know anyone and it was pretty cold, we left right after half time was over. I heard on the radio later that we won 55-6. By the time I got home, I had a terrible headache. I took a shower and pampered myself a little, took some headache medicine and turned on a chick-flick. I watched The Wedding Date, which somehow I've never seen before, and I really enjoyed it. I didn't go to bed until 1:30 or so and slept until 9:30 the next morning. My favorite thing about Friday is not having to set the alarm when I go to bed.
Saturday morning I was pretty lazy. I did finally get myself in the shower and then went to Roommate's house to watch the Bama game. (I still need to figure out a new name for her since she is no longer my roommate.) That was a good game, but I wasn't feeling very well so I stayed curled up on the couch the whole time. My mom had made some chicken salad and sent some home with me. During half time I ran home to get it. This is a funny thing... I could tell just by driving around who was an Alabama and who was not. There were a total of 5 cars on the two miles of highway that I drove and the only people visible were obviously Auburn fans who had no interest in Alabama football. They were mowing the lawn, washing the car, or playing with kids in the yard. Everyone else was out of sight. Even the parking lots at the stores in town were empty. Go Bama! After the game, I came home and took a little nap then woke up and watched a movie, Charlotte's Web, the one with the real people and animals, which I've never seen before either. Roommate's husband took their son to a concert and her daughter was spending the night at a friend's so she came over and I cooked supper and we watched a movie, Ocean's Eleven. I have seen that one before but I've never seen the other two. I borrowed Twelve from my mother and I had to watch Eleven to refresh my memory. Roommate and I are two lazy individuals so after the movie went off she went home and I went to bed.
Sunday was church then out to eat for my Mom's and Nephew's birthdays. We had a good time there, but of course I ate too much and was miserable. I went home and took a nap until time for choir practice. Then it was choir practice, church, and back home. I finished off the rest of the chicken salad and watch Ocean's Twelve, which I enjoyed more than Eleven, then went to bed. What an exciting life I do lead. I woke up this morning, ate breakfast ~which I'm doing now because last week at work my blood sugar bottomed out and I almost passed out. I've been fine since then, but I am taking extra care to watch what I eat and make sure that I am eating often enough. After breakfast, I finally did what I've been needing to do since I moved in: sprayed the oven cleaner in the oven so that I can clean it tonight when I get home. Once I'm done with that, I'll only have three more things on my list of things that will complete my moving in process. 1. Getting my table from my friend's house, 2. getting the one last box to my house and unpacked, and 3. getting my Scarlett picture to my house and hung on the wall. I need to get those things done.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh how I miss the weekends of sleeping in and watching movies all day. Enjoy it now, because once you have kids, the carefree single days are a distant memory.
I do enjoy it, I promise. In fact, I enjoy it enough for me and you both. The husband/kid/family thing is a hope I have for the future, but I love my life like it is right now.
Post a Comment