Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Trouble, Even Though He's Gone

The same day that Roommate's husband came home, Sister retrieved Trouble and gave him to a new home. Surprisingly enough I was not in the least bit saddened by that. And in all actuality, I haven't missed him one single time. And yesterday, I was glad that he's gone. The other day I went to Roommate's house to retrieve the last bits of my mail. There was something from the vet's office in the stack. Last month they sent me a statement showing that I owed a balance of $0.00. Why even waste the money on postage? I was expecting the same thing on this month's statement, so I was surprised when I saw a balance of $3.24 at the top of the page. However, the statement was not itemized in a way that reflected what the charge was for; it just showed it as a roll-over balance from the previous month ~ keeping in mind the previous month's balance was $0.00. So I called them yesterday. The lady I spoke with was not the easiest person to deal with. She acted as though I were speaking Chinese to her when I gave her my name. I finally spelled it out for her, "S as in sticker. T as in time. A as in alligator. C as in cat. Y as in yo-yo." Then I repeated the process for my last name. Then I tried to explain my reason for calling. Thankfully, before she got anymore confused, she handed the phone off to the girl who does know what's going on around there. That girl is a friend of Cousin's and we have met on several occasions. She knew me immediately and remembered Trouble and all his escapades. I explained to her what was going on and she pulled the file. I had been charged for a pill-gun on the day after Trouble's last visit. I paid in full the day he was there, and haven't been back since, especially to pick up a pill-gun. In fact, I didn't even know what a pill-gun was ~ she had to explain it to me. Apparently it's a contraption used to sort of "shoot" pills down a cat's throat. How wretched? Then she said, "Since I just had to tell you what the thing is, it's obvious you never got one from us. I'll take it off your bill." It's taken care of now, but I'm wondering how that happened. Did someone just pull up the wrong file on the computer? Did someone do it on purpose? If so, why? Were they trying to give their friend a "hook-up"? Not that it matters, because the girl took care of it for me. I guess I've watched too many crime shows over the past few years. But the next time I have a pet I may deal with a vet's office that has a more secure billing system.

No comments: