Friday, October 26, 2007

The Sun Is Shining Today

The sky is a gorgeous blue today, with cute puffy white clouds all around. The sun is shining, though it doesn't seem to be warming up anything. And I am so thankful. As I said yesterday, I was getting sick and tired of the gloom around here. When I first got up and got moving this morning, I was afraid that it would be a repeat of the rest of the week. However, somewhere between me going to get my biscuit this morning and then leaving for work, the sunshine showed up. I keep looking for reasons to run outside and soak it in.

I'm in for a busy weekend. Tonight I want to go to my high school's football game. It's an away game, but not too awfully far from where I live. They are playing the toughest team on their schedule. For the past thirty years or so every time they play this team, they get slaughtered. And by slaughtered, I'm talking scores like 72-0. However this year, my Tigers are undefeated and are ranked in the State polls. This could be the year that changes things. I just don't know if I want to sit out at a football game where I hardly know anyone and freeze my buns off. If I don't do the game, I guess I'll just do the usual Friday night thing at The Depot with my crew, then go to the grocery store and go home and go to bed. I have a busy day tomorrow. I have to make chili for Cousin's kid's Halloween/birthday party and I have to make potato salad for dinner at church on Sunday. Then Sister is having a jewelry party at 3, then the Halloween/birthday party at 5. Of course, that means I'll be running from one of the country to the other all day, but that's OK. Then Sunday is a special day at church, including dinner afterwards. Gotta love those church dinners! Thankfully though, we are not having church Sunday night so I'll be able to stop and rest before I hit it again next week. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments: