So apparently the interview that I last blogged about didn't go so well, because I haven't heard anything from it. I'm an eternal optimist, so I wasn't too upset about it. I just figured that it meant God had something better for me. And I am happy to say that I think I may have found it. Yesterday I was in town running some errands - getting that little blue card replaced and what-not - when my sister sent me a interesting text message. She said, "Call your cousin, he has a job for you." So I did. The company he works for needed another person at the front counter to answer the phones, schedule appointments, some filing and billing work, and a few other little things. The pay is good and the benefits are good. The best news of all is that apparently he has a lot of pull in the company and was very excited about going to work this morning and throwing my name around. I went in first thing this morning and filled out the application, did a math test, and answered some personality questions. One thing that has changed in the application process from the last time I went through it is all this "extra" stuff on applications. You no longer just fill out the application. It now comes complete with questionnaires probing into your intelligence level and personality. It would have probably only have taken me about 45 minutes to an hour to complete the whole thing, but my cousin and his friend felt the need to keep me company, so it took me an hour and a half. Luckily, it wasn't a timed test. LOL! My cousin and I were extremely close when we were growing up. He's a couple of years older than me. We grew up in different towns and went to different schools, but always managed to stay in each other's lives. By the time I graduated, he was married, and then I moved away to college, so we drifted apart. The cool thing about us, though, is that even if we haven't seen each other for a very long time, when we do see each other, it's as if time doesn't exist between us. I appreciate timeless relationships. Anyhow, he told me that as long as I could slap my name on the application, I'd get the job. Let's hope that he's right! After I got all that done, I had an interview with the manager. He was a very nice man, and gave me high hopes of me getting the job. I can't remember the exact words, but it was something to the effect of, "Your cousin was right. I can already tell that your personality will fit in very well here. Our customers will take to you, and your experience in working with kids for all these years has surely taught you patience that you probably don't even know you have." He went on to say that he wants me to come back Monday so that the other two subordinate managers can meet me as well. He said that he has several apps stacked up, that most he will file away because he doesn't feel they are worth interviewing (ouch!), and that he has already spoken with "a couple of people," but that he was very excited to meet me. I took that as a good sign. If I do get the job, the start date will be February 4.
In other news... Saturday I went to my friend's wedding. Her sister was my roommate our first year of college. We didn't get into a whole lot back then, but we had a blast living together. We had been best friends since the fourth or fifth grade. After our first year of college, she transferred to another university and we drifted apart. I saw her for the first time in seven or eight years last year when her brother passed away. That was a very tragic event, and even though I had not seen her in that many years, as I said before, some relationships are timeless. I was so happy to see her at the wedding. The wedding itself was beautiful too. Anyhow, in true Kelly-and-Stacy-like fashion, the first thing we did after the wedding was over was run outside in the FREEZING cold to smoke a cigarette. Some things never change. She is getting married in a couple of months at the beach. I met her fiance and he seems really nice, and from what little I was around him, he seems to be a pretty goofy guy, and that totally works for her. I may be going to visit her where she lives now for her bachelorette party next month. That should be great fun! Other than just catching up on everything and her going on and on and on and on about how much weight I've lost (which I love to talk about) we exchanged numbers and addresses and what-not so that we can really become reunited. Of course, I left her email address in my mom's purse and forgot to get it. So I'll have to wait until Family Night rolls around before I can email her. lol.
One more little tidbit before I go... remember in a previous post I had a sidebar comment about how people have been asking me how much more weight I had lost and that I needed to find a set of scales? Well, I weighed the other day and have lost five more pounds. A total weight loss of 95 pounds in 1 year and 10 months. From 245 lbs to 150 lbs. I have decided that my next goal is not another amount of pounds... Nope. The next goal will be getting off my do-nothing one and for all and toning up. The goal is this: a bikini for this summer. I think I can do it. We'll see...
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment