What is "it," you ask? Why I always go for the bad guys. And sometimes they're not actually bad, they're just not good, or good for me. I think it's because the good guys are too wussy, too timid, not bold enough. I know this sounds sort of ridiculous, but I think that's it. My example is this: Yesterday I went to church with my parents, then we went out to eat for Brother's birthday. We were standing outside waiting to be seated and there was a very handsome fellow standing near us with his party. He was obviously single, and had obviously just come from church. He was also very nice looking. From appearances only, I'd say he was a really good guy. And he was busy noticing me too. Everytime I glanced in his direction, he was already looking in mine. I think I even over-heard him talking about me to his friend. It was all so obvious that even my dad noticed. So I took a few steps away from my family and waited to see if he would strike up a conversation. But no. He didn't. After we were seated, I saw him walking out of the restroom. He was looking straight at me again, and was all smiles. I smiled back of course. But that was it. Nothing. I'm sure he didn't want to seem rude or anything, but he really should have said something to me. It would have went well for him.
In contrast, the guys in my immediate universe are very forward. They strike up conversations at the drop of a hat, they sometimes buy my lunch, the open doors for me, show up at my house unannouced, and even pump my gas. (Too bad they don't pay for that too, lol!) The point is, they don't waste any time in going after what they want. And really, why should they or anyone else not be this forward? If you like someone, why not ask her out? The worst she could say is "no." And why is it that the bad guys are able to put themselves out there when the good guys can't? The bad guys always grab my attention, and I think their assertiveness is the reason why. Go figure...
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment