So I'm at lunch today. Some of the usuall crew was there, many of them were not though. Tomorrow will be my "last lunch" with them. They're already fighting over who is buying my lunch. That's a fight I'll let them have as long as somebody besides me wins. LOL! Anyhow, I was sitting there today by myself. I was glad to have this last day there with no one at my table. I was thinking about all the things in my life that have happened because of that little restaurant. I met my Latino friend there for the first time about two days before I started seeing Ex, which was the event that put my weight loss on track. The Depot family adopted me. I met Mr. Big, then subsequently met Smiley and the other guys he worked with. Big is long gone, but Smiley has become a good friend and some times I hang out with him, and his brother and his wife at places away from the Depot. Then there was the Bull Rider episode. And with that came my resolve to never pick up another guy from the Depot ever agian. hahahaha. I wish I could say that I stuck to that but there was one little episode where I, against my better judgement, went against my own rule. I haven't blogged about that, nor will I. It's almost a funny story, but not one worth sharing. The Depot is also where the rumors about Roommate and myself being lesbians originated - not from the Depot family but from one of their loyal customers. The very next rumor was about me and Roomy's husband. Geeze. Blah blah blah. But it has been a blast and I'm going to miss it.
Then as I was writing down my lunch on my tab, two guys come to the counter to pay. Their job brings them to the Depot about once a week. Today was the day. I've seen them both before, but have never talked to them. I'm writing down my stuff, and the one guys says, "You writin' your phone number down for me?" My first instinct was to say "You buyin' my lunch?" But then I realized how many times in the past year that has gotten me into "trouble." So I smirked and gave him my over-the glasses, today-is-not-your-lucky-day look that I learned from my Papa when I was little. Hehehe. I didn't even say anything to him. Just the look. I thought about saying "Today ain't your lucky day," or "I don't pick up guys at the Depot anymore" or "My boyfriend is insanely jealous and it wouldn't turn out good for you if I gave you my number" and a few more really good "no" lines. But instead I just stuck with "the look." It was kind of funny and still makes me laugh. I'm not normally that bitchy to people, and I didn't really mean to be towards him, but that is just territory I'm not going to venture into again.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment