I am currently being very lazy. I have only offered to get off the couch to let the dog out and refill my coffee. I fell when I got up to let the dog out. It was very funny and I don't mind if you laugh. Something went wrong when my fuzzy socks hit the hardwood floor and down I went. I think Lucy-the-Wonder-Dog tried to laugh at me. She's so sweet though. Even though she really needed out, she ran over to check on me. I was back on my feet by the time she made her way to me, and I was dying laughing. Maybe the next time I get off the couch, I should put the foot rest down. I think that's what got me off balance.
A few updates on my week... Since writing the blog about my weight loss the other day, I was itching to get back on the scale. Yesterday I did, and I have lost 12 more pounds. That makes a total of 62 pounds that I have lost since February 2006. When I loose 13 more pounds, I will reveal my actual weight. Also, I am contemplating getting a tattoo to commemorate the achievement. Someone asked me last night "Why a tattoo, why not a new outfit?" My answer was this: "Because loosing 75 pounds is a big deal, and when I'm 80 years old and my grandchildren ask why I have a tattoo, I can say "That's what I did for myself when I lost 75 pounds. I won't be able to show them the outfit from 55 years ago." I tried out the new jeans in public yesterday. I always have some anxiety when I drop another size. I always think the clothes look OK, but fear that others will not share my opinion. As it turned out, the feedback was awesome. That was a relief.
Also, a guy I know is in Canada this week on some kind of dog race. He gets into that kind of stuff, but I think the -16 degrees temps would be too much for me. No one has heard from him in a few days, but I'm sure he's having the time of his life. I'm freezing in Alabama in 40+ degrees. There has been a bit of drama with some people close to me. Of course, I was the one to have to break the bad news to my friend, but it was for the best. Despite the drama, she told me she was glad I was here to help her deal with it. I'm glad too. It seems that the situation is working itself out, but it's been pretty major. And, remember my blog from last weekend? I saw Ex at the Depot last Friday night. I talked to him on Monday for a while. I had a business question for him. Anyhow, he usually only comes to the Depot once or twice a month and he has been there almost everyday this week. I haven't seen him any of those times; we usually miss each other by mere minutes. I may be a little too presumptuous about this, but I'm starting to get the feeling that he's trying to bump into me. He knows that the Depot is "my" restaurant, and he knows that more than likely he's going to see me there. It makes me think that he's trying to see me there, because after we broke up, it was several months before he walked back in there. I may be totally off course with this. However, I think Cousin may be thinking the same thing. Friday night after I left, she asked him why he was there. He told her it was to eat supper. She said, "No. Why are you here?" He gave her the same answer, and she kept pressing the issue. He was getting flustered because he knew what she was insinuating. Her hubby was sitting at the table laughing out loud at the conversation. Yesterday, she was at lunch with me again and the Depot gang told me that I had missed him by only three of four minutes the night before. Cousin gave me that "look." We had a short conversation about this last weekend, but haven't talked about it since. But I'm pretty sure she was thinking what I was thinking. I just wonder what he's up to.
So when I finish writing this, I will be going out in the cold to clean out my car. I have to clean out my car because I can't stand to travel in a junky car. As you may have guessed, I am heading out of town. I will be traveling 100 miles or so South to see some friends from college. I am so excited. I will be staying at Friend 1's house. Friend 2 will be traveling from her city and spending the night with us as well. I haven't seen either one of them since Friend 2 got married this summer. And since it was her big day, we didn't get to see much of her. Friend 1 is expecting her second baby. Last night she described herself as "5'3" and 900 pounds." I'm sure it's not that bad, but to her it probably feels like it is. She only has a couple of more months to go. It's amazing how different our lives have become in just five years. I plan on blogging about the weekend when I get home tomorrow night.
Also, before I can hit the road, I have to find a drive-thru car wash. My "friends" from the Depot rolled and soaped my car the other night. Roommate and I took all the toilet paper and rolled the Depot with it. The windshield washer fluid took care of the soap on the windshield, but it's just too cold outside to wash my car on my own. There are 1000s of cat prints on my car too, so the wash would have had to happen regardless of the dried soap on my windows. I was going to go to the car-wash that a friend owns, but it's kind of out of the way. I'm going to have to find one someplace else between here and Friend's house. With the trip in mind, I need to get moving. Have a fun weekend everyone!
Friday, January 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry you fell. I'm glad Lucy was there to help :) Be careful this weekend!
Post a Comment