Monday, January 1, 2007

It's 2007!

Last night we rang in the New Year at Cousin's house. When the clock struck 12, we were playing Family Feud. We had a good time. I had the opportunity to show off my pictures from the Road Trip and tell all the stories to along with them. My audience was very receptive. Most people try to rush me through the stories, but they enjoyed the stories I think. They were laughing a lot. It was fun. I got home a little after 2 and went straight to bed. I didn't wake up until 10:30 this morning! I haven't slept that late in years.
When I woke up, I was starving. All I wanted was a bacon-egg-cheese biscuit. I hopped in the car and went to Hardee's. By the time I got there, breakfast was over and I had missed out. I went to the store and got a few things, then came home and changed clothes, and went to mom and dad's for lunch. Lunch was good. Mom had fixed a good lunch: ham, tenderloin, mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas, homemade biscuits, etc. I ate two ham and cheese biscuits and a piece of Death-by-Chocolate cake. Delicious. I hung out there for a while and watched some football. While I was there, Sis-n-law reminded me that the new season of Wildfire starts tonight. ABC Family is having a Wildfire marathon today.
As soon as I got home, I set a Season Pass on Tivo for the new episodes of Wildfire. I have been watching the marathon ever since so that I could catch up. The last episode I watched showed a horse, BellaDonna, having a baby. It didn't "show" it, but it did show it. It was so sweet. It reminded me of the time that Ex's horse had a baby. I had almost decided to break up with him that very day if he didn't show up to lunch at my parent's. When he called to tell me he couldn't make lunch that day, my heart sank. He's a talker and never let up, "I don't think I'll be able to make it to your mom's today. Guess what I'm doing right now. I'm sitting at the barn. And guess what I have in my lap. Lexi's baby. She's a month early, but she's ok." Through a turn of events over the next few minutes, he ended up making the lunch at my parents' house, and later on that day, we went to the barn so that I could meet the "Li'l 'un" as he called her. That little horse was the most precious thing that I have ever seen. That was such a special day, I thought. I decided to give him another chance that day. He acted that day like he wanted another chance. It was a good day. It didn't last though.
I was going to try not being so haunted by the memory of Ex in 2007. Guess I haven't started off so well, huh?
I just wrote 200+ words about Ex and my feelings towards him. I deleted it though. It was therapeutic for me, but I'll not bore you with it...

So. It's 2007. So far, I have started this year out by being lazy. It's been nice. I need to be cleaning and doing some laundry. But first, here are my New Year's Resolutions:
  • Loose more weight. Loosing weight has been a resolution for several years, but has always fallen into the category of "Resolution I don't really plan to keep." However, '06 was the year for that to change. I lost 50 pounds. I would like to loose 25 more this year. I think that's obtainable.
  • Begin and maintain an exercise regiment. Since I lost the weight, it is imperative that I begin exercising so that I can tone up this body of mine. =)
  • Read my Bible all the way through. This was one from last year that failed. I didn't mean to drop the ball, but I did. I love reading my Bible. It gives me strength. My Bible has a chart in the back that shows you what passages to read every day so that you get the whole thing read in one year. We'll try this one again...
  • Be more organized. That one speaks for itself.
  • Be less lazy. I have a bad habit of sitting around instead of getting things done. This has to change. I'm getting to old to handle the stresses of procrastination.
  • Start back to school. I am always broke, and I make very little money doing a job that I love. I am hoping for some Government assistance to go back to school. Even if that doesn't pan out, I am bound and determined to get back to school. That's the only way I am going to make the kind of money that I want to make.
So. There they are in black and white. Here's to the new year...

No comments: