Friday, I took off work and went out of town to visit a couple of friends from college. We worked together in the dorms, and were close friends for three of the four years I was in college. Now we all live in different cities across the state. We had only a few hours to spend together, a few hours before bed on Friday night, and until lunch on Saturday. I enjoyed it though. It was so awesome for us to get to be back together for a little while. We all email and Myspace all the time, and occasionally, one of us will pick up the phone. It was nice to catch up on life in general. We pretty much never left the living room. But that was OK. It's kind of weird to think about how just sitting around was so enjoyable. A few years ago, there would have been a few more fireworks. One of us would have been extremely intoxicated and chasing after any single guy she could find (I wonder who that could be?). The other two would have been laughing at me, er - "her" - taking pictures of her, and later on taking care of her. We would have had enough stories to tell for a month. Those were good times. We have all settled down, and have all found our places now. So the good times are less dramatic. I think that's a good thing.
I got home on Saturday around 4. Later on, my sister and the Depot Gang came over to give Roommate a surprise birthday party. They didn't bother to clue me in on the party. What'd ya know? It was a lot of fun, minus two little mishaps. One I'll not discuss because I got kind of upset about it, and the general consensus seems to be that I'm being a baby about being upset. The other thing was very funny though. S is the owner of the Depot. I just love her, probably because she is just as quirky as I am. She and her daughter are taking care of a couple of dogs for a friend of theirs while he is out of town. It was freezing cold that night, and had started to rain. The dogs have to be moved from one pen to another when it's raining, so I rode with them to take care of the dogs. Then we went to Wal-Mart. While we were gone, S's son (who is 23 or 24 years old) had managed to somehow break Roommate's daughter's glasses. He was trying to super-glue them back together when we got home. S went to help him. Somehow, between the two of them, they managed to super-glue her fingers to the glasses and to each other! The calm thing to do in that situation is to soak your fingers in nail polish remover. I supplied that, but it wasn't working. There wasn't enough of it to fill the bowl as much as we needed it to. Because of the way the glasses were stuck to her hand, she couldn't fit her hand into the bowl the way she needed to. Finally, we figured something out, but it wasn't working. Her son and son-n-law went to the shop and brought back pure acetone. She went outside on the porch to soak her hand. The one finger that was stuck only to the glasses was freed, but the finger and thumb that were stuck together were not so lucky. For about a half hour, this went on. Her son-n-law finally took his large pocket knife and with an amazingly steady hand, he began to chip away at the glue. After what seemed like a long time, he had chipped away enough glue to free the glasses. After a smoke break, he went back to work. He chipped away at it enough that her son was able to just kind of jerk them apart the rest of the way. She still has raw skin and tender finger tips, but she's OK.
Last night, I kept hearing something outside while I was watching Tivo. I was too warm and too lazy to get up to see what it was. Finally, I paused the Tivo, and took a close listen. It appeared to be a cat in heat. If you've ever heard that sound once, you'll never forget it. Great. After about an hour of that, I began to hear all kinds of screams and what-not and some scuffling around on the porch. This morning, I saw a strange cat running from the back porch into the woods. Wonderful. We have three cats, all girls, none "fixed." I know which of the three is wasn't - Puss-n-Boots was in the house last night during most of the racket. That leaves Prissy and Patches. So there's a possibility that soon we'll be having kittens. What is the gestation period for a cat? I have no idea. I guess I'll have to look into that.
In other news, my brother and sister-n-law have begun the process of buying their first home. So congrats to them. They are supposed to close at the end of February, but as we all know, that probably means that it will actually happen sometime around the middle or end of March. Changing lanes here, since I have lost the 62 pounds, I am having issues finding a bra that fits properly. My straps are always falling down, there are some gravity issues, and some spillage over the top and from the bottom. I'm sure some of you didn't want to know this, but oh well. I did some research and determined that I needed a smaller band size and larger cup size. The problem there is finding that size is nearly impossible. Roommate found the smaller band size with the original cup size a few weeks ago, but it did NOT work. A friend of mine is an Avon rep. Apparently, they now carry bras - and in odd sizes too. So I ordered some with the smaller band and larger cup. The larger cup is just what the doctor ordered. However, the smaller band it a different story. The word uncomfortable doesn't even begin to describe it. I have a few bruises from the three days that I wore it! It seems that I have landed in an odd-size-zone; the one is too big and the other is too small. I think I am going to have to buy one of those extenders. Geeze. I hope that works - especially considering that two of these bras cost me almost $50! Another lane change here. Last night I went to watch Cousin's kids play basketball. What a sight. Words cannot properly describe. They are so cute though. They got slaughtered 34-6, but they had the time of their lives. Wouldn't it be so awesome if we could all learn from their attitudes... It doesn't matter who's ahead as long as you're having fun and giving it your all. Those are words to live by.
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sorry for all my husband's actions. He can not be controlled; I promise because I've tried and failed miserably many times.
Thanks. Britt apologized too. I'm over it now. I was afraid that the whole thing made you uncomfortable, and I didn't want that to happen. Love ya!
Post a Comment