Tuesday, April 17, 2007
The Good News Is...
Last night Cousin and I were walking around her neighborhood. I had been complaining all day about Mr. Big going away for work. As I said yesterday, the timing on this sucks completely. We have known each other and have gotten just close enough for me not to want him to go, but not long enough for me to voice my opinion or offer our relationship as a reason for him to stay. While we were walking last night, my phone rang and it was him. He asked what I was doing because he could hear me huffing and puffing and could hear the wind through the phone. I told him we were walking, then he said, "I have bad news for me and good news for you. I'm not going..." I did a fairly good job of pretending to be compassionate towards his feelings, but I didn't do anything to try to hide my excitement. I am so happy about all this. As it turns out, the job there isn't going to last as long as they had expected, so instead of having 10 weeks of work to do, by the time he could get there, they would only have two weeks of work left to do. He still may go for the two weeks - but that's small beans in comparison to 10. Also, Cousin called me earlier and informed me that Ex is involved in a new relationship as well. He told Cousin's husband that they are pretty serious and that they are talking about getting married. Poor lady. I should have warned her. In all likelihood, right now he is best boyfriend she has ever had. However, the more the wedding talk rocks on, she may see a different side of him. Oh well, thankfully, that's her problem. She is divorced and has a small son. She is the daughter of a prominent political figure in our area. Although, she doesn't fit her family's mold - she's a little wild in comparison to the rest of her family. Cousin was afraid that I was going to be upset and have my day ruined by the news of all of that. However, it didn't effect me that way. I am actually quite amused. Surprised no doubt, but amused nevertheless. Actually, one of the last times that I saw him, he had a phone call and I had the distinct impression that he was talking to a girl. I'm just glad that I had finally released everything I had left for him before I found out about this. Also, I am glad that I have someone too; if I didn't have such a good thing going with Big when I found this out, I might have slipped into feeling sorry for myself about this. Now the only person I feel sorry for is that woman and her son. So most of the worries and anxiety and unanswered questions and wild assumptions that were plaguing me last week as far as Mr. Big was concerned have been laid to rest. There are still a few things that I wonder about, but nothing like what I was going through last week. Cousin's husband didn't really help my feelings any the other day. He vocalized all the silent worries that I had been having. However, I think that we were both off the mark. That's a good thing. One funny thing; Sunday after lunch, Cousin and I were talking about the Big move and I was griping and whining. Her 7 year old son was still working on his lunch and seemed oblivious to our conversation. Suddenly, he said, "What's the big deal? You've lived with out him your whole life, what's gonna be new about living without him again?" Wow. What a profound statement - and from a 7 year old!!! But I am proud to say that it looks like he's going to be around for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment