Since I work at a church daycare, we are some of the lucky few that get a paid day off for Good Friday. Thank God for it, too. After the day I had yesterday, there was no force under the sun that could have made me go in today. Whew. Cousin and I had discussed walking this morning after I went to tan, however those plans changed. I couldn't go tan because I'm still a little red and tender to the touch. We didn't walk because it was pretty cold this morning. Mr. Big gave me the "good morning, sunshine" phone call, and then I sat around playing on the computer and talking to Cousin on the phone all morning. Big told me that he was working in town today and would be going to The Depot for lunch. I told him to call me and tell me when he was on his way and that I would meet him there. He usually eats around Noon, so I was lazy all morning. At 10:50 he called to say they were going at 11. I was still on the couch in my pjs! In less than 15 minutes I was walking out the door. There are no words to describe the hurry I was in trying to get ready! He was there with the other three guys that he works with, and he was looking good too. I sat next to him and we had some very flirtatious moments. He finally broke the touch barrier while we were discussing where I should get my tattoo. I bought his lunch today. He's bought me three lunches so I figured I could spring for his today. Also, my friend was thinking ahead and helping her sister out while she was fixing my hot fudge cake. She put two cherries on top instead of one. I can tie the stem of a cherry in a knot with my tongue, which has managed to gain the attention of guys for years. Today before I could even mention it, he grabbed his cherry off my plate and had the stem in knot before I could even blink. Mercy. We had a good time. While I was paying for lunch, we were standing right beside each other, and my friend told me later that we looked really good together. Yea! He said he would call me later. It's later, and I haven't heard from him. That leads me to many confusions. My mind wonders all over the place as far as he's concerned, but I have decided not to do that to myself this time. I'm just gonna take it as it comes. The one thing that I was so upset with myself about when I was dating Ex was that we just jumped into everything so fast. I swore that I was going to take things more slowly with the next guy. Well, the next guy is here, and he is going slowly and I sit around wondering what on Earth is going on. I think I need to get a grip.
After my Big lunch, I went shopping with Cousin. She was looking for shoes for her Easter outfit. Three stores later, she finally found them. I bought an Easter dress last weekend, but it's short sleeved and it's going to be cold Sunday. Today I bought a new outfit that I have been eye-balling for a while. It has a 3/4 length sleeve and I think it will be at least a little warmer than the other dress. I really like it. I almost bought some new tennis shoes, but I changed my mind. They are the New Balance slip-ons. The store we were at only had one size 8 in the whole store in that shoe, and it fit, but I wanted to try on the 8 1/2 to be sure. They didn't have that size, so I bailed on the idea altogether. Plus, I think I've heard Sister say that she wanted some of those, and since I don't care which color I get, I'm going to check with her first. I'll get the color she doesn't want.
It looks as if I'm going to have a busy weekend. Roommate and I have discussed going to our friends' new restaurant for breakfast in the morning. Tomorrow afternoon, Cousin and I will be going to our Pastor's son's first birthday party. He is so cute! I can't believe he's a year old already. It's amazing how time flies. After that, we're going to have grilled steak at another church member's house. Sunday is Easter, and we have a full day. We're having a breakfast at church at 8:30, an egg hunt for the kids at 9:30, and service at 10:30. After that, I'll meet my family at the Cracker Barrel for lunch, then go to my aunt's house to hang with them. Happy Easter everyone!!!
Friday, April 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment