Had those words come out of my mouth a few years ago, I would have been referring to the mass amounts of adult beverages I had just consumed. Not the case this time. I began laying in the tanning bed Monday - something I haven't mentioned in a blog since I've been so consumed with Mr. Big lately. My friend has a tanning bed at her house, and she's letting me use it for free. She told me that the bulbs are old so they're not burning as hot. Monday I stayed seven minutes, ten minutes on Tuesday; both days the bed never got really hot, so I figured I was good to go. Wrong. Yesterday I stayed fifteen minutes. By lunch time I knew that my bosoms were pink and tender, and by the afternoon, my back was tender as well. This morning, I realized that my badonkadonk was red, by back is red, by boobs are red, and my top stomach is red. I am in pain, but I'm not completely immobilized. Had I been able to get away with not wearing a bra to work today, I wouldn't have. I would have rathered stay home today and gone without one, but Thursday is payroll day and today of all days was the Easter Egg Hunt at daycare. Missing today was not an option. Also, we have a paid day off tomorrow for Good Friday, and if I missed today, I wouldn't get paid for tomorrow either. I suffered through.
I am exhausted today. The kids have been terrible! I told Mr. Big and Cousin earlier that today is the kind of day when I'm thankful that I don't have kids of my own. If I had to go home to my own children today after putting up with the hellions of today, I would probably bite their little heads off for no reason and send them to bed early. Two four year olds were laid out in the floor having an all out cat-fight, a two year old pooped in her pants - on purpose - and then less than thirty minutes later, and after two more trips to the potty, she stood in the middle of the playroom and peed in the floor. Since we had the egg hunt today, the kids were more wound up than they normally are. They wouldn't sit still long enough to read the cute little Easter book or to color their Easter papers. They refused to listen to their teachers' instructions all day. They were fussy and whiny and wild and crazy. Even the sweet little girl who normally just sits in the chair with her stuff platypus, Bill, got in trouble for knocking another kid up-side his head. Also, the babies in the nursery kept our nerves on edge today. The 11-week-old has fluid on his ears. That means that if he is laying down, his ears hurt; if he's sucking his bottle, his ears hurt; if he's crying his ears hurt. It breaks my heart to see him that miserable. His mother should have kept him at home today. He will be having tubes put in his ears on Tuesday. Thank God. The four-month-old is beginning to cut his first tooth. That means that he's having runny diapers, a runny nose, and the general fussiness that accompanies his misery. Poor baby. The nine-month-old is recovering from a sinus infection (no doubt brought on by her new tooth) and is still quite fussy. She is spoiled and if she sees one of us holding another baby, she commences to screaming. Her screams could wake the dead. In the toddler room, one of the little boys who is normally the sweetest thing, slapped his teacher on the leg and told her "no" when she got on to him for something today. Another little boy in there is also jealous of the attention we show to other kids and he has the most annoying cry ever! So all day, he's been screaming his head off too. And that's only about half of the day. Whew...
Cousin got to meet Mr. Big today. He called me around lunch to say that he was on his way back to town. He asked if I wanted lunch from any place he was close to. He brought me Arby's. Cousin was shopping with Pastor's Wife and she broke her neck to get back here in time to ride with me to his shop so she could meet him. He talked to us for about ten minutes or so. She confirmed how hott I think he is, and also confirmed that she thinks he is as "in" to me as I am to him. He called me about an hour after we left the shop and asked, "So did I meet Cousin's approval?" "...yes..." He told me that we had been busted, and I told him that I already knew that, but that he needed to understand that we're attached at the hip. He is insanely jealous that I have a paid day off tomorrow. He asked his boss if he could have the day off tomorrow, but that was a no-go since he was off last Friday. He didn't come see me after work today. He had to go get a tag for his new truck. He was supposed to do that yesterday, but "some pretty lady in Woodville" detained him and he didn't make it before the Courthouse closed. Oops!!! He'll call me later tonight. He still hasn't asked me out, and it doesn't look like he's going to this weekend because he'll have his kids. Cousin is a little upset that he said he doesn't like to play cards. I'm sure that can be changed. But I'll just have to play that one the right way. ;)
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment