Yesterday my blog was all about Roommate's hair-cigarette incident. I didn't have the space to write about what else has been going on. I'm not going to get into the entire ordeal, but communications have continued between Mr. Big and me since last week. This afternoon I had to tell him my two stories of the day, both of which he laughed his tail off about. You will too.
Big has taken a job in Decatur so there are no more lunches for the two of us. That's for the best. However, I still see the guys that he worked with at lunch everyday. They are always picking on me and I always pick back. Harmless, right? Well... There's this one guy, I'll call him Smiley because he has some seriously horrible teeth. They're big, gapped in the middle, and the one is yellow. Smiley's older brother is the Boss. They sat at the table next to mine today and we shared general conversation. I'm the boss, the other guy is the boss, ya-da, ya-da. Smiley also mentioned that he thought he would be going to a bar somewhere tonight where they have Biker Night. He would ride his motorcycle and enjoy cheap beer. He asked if I knew anything about Happy Hour, and I replied, "I might." Ha ha. When they were leaving, Boss informed Smiley and the other guy that he was buying their lunch. Smiley was putting his wallet away and said to me, "That's what I like." I said, "Yeah, tell me about it. I wish I had a boss like that." Haha. Smiley said, "Do you not have anybody to buy your lunch today?" I said, "No, not today." So Smiley says, "I'll buy it. Do you want me to buy it?" I said, "You don't have to that." But he did anyways. That was nice of him really, but I couldn't help but think about the mess I got myself in the last time someone bought my lunch. Later on this afternoon, the phone at work rang and when I answered, it was Smiley asking me if I wanted to go with him tonight. I told him "Thanks, but I already have plans." I mean, come on... This is what I'm talking about when people ask if I'm staying out of trouble and my standard reply is, "I try, but trouble seems to find me anyways." I am not flirtatious with these people. I just sit there and mind my own business. I speak to them only when they speak to me first. I don't know how these things happen.
As soon as I hung up the phone with Smiley, I had to go pick up Roommate's son and take him home. When I got out of the car, my door shut before I knew it, and the corner of it caught me right in the eye. It hurt really bad. Of course the man who was watching step-son saw it happen. I tried to play it off like it didn't hurt that badly, but he knew better. Then, I almost fell down the porch steps. Mr. Big called just then and I said, "Boy do I have a story for you." I told him about Smiley, and he laughed his head off. At least he had compassion in his voice when I told him about knocking out my eye.
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment