Boy was I glad to have a day off work!!! And a paid-day off to boot! I had a very settled peace for most of the weekend concerning my decision to drop Mr. Big. There are still moments that I struggle with the thought of not having him around. But then I remember that in reality he hasn't been around anyways, so I'm not missing that much; and as I had predicted some weeks ago, since he's not working in the same town as I am anymore, it's a lot easier. If I still saw him at lunch everyday, it would be my undoing, I'm sure; but as it is, having him 50 miles away everyday is a Big help, so to speak. I finally found it in me to pray about the situation. I had been afraid to pray about it all because I knew in the back of my mind what would happen... God was going to tell me "no." I wasn't ready to hear it, so I just prayed about everything except Mr. Big. By last week though, I couldn't take it, and I turned it over to God. I have proved to myself that I am not strong enough to walk away from Big on my own because he is almost everything I have ever wanted in a man. His size, his charm, his ruggedness, his bad-boy ways, his good looks... all make it hard for me to turn my back on him. His girlfriend, his player-like ways, his constant talk of greener pastures... all have made it fairly easy for me to walk away. Plus, I also have the assurance that God really does have the perfect man for me out there.
Saturday was an awesome day! I took Step-daughter to get her hair cut. Now, this was no ordinary hair cut. Her hair was nearly down to her rear end - just the way her daddy likes it. She is quite possibly the biggest Daddy's-girl the world has ever seen, and even her agreeing to having her hair trimmed is a big deal. In fact, when her dad left to go overseas, one of the things he made Roommate and Step-daughter promise is that they wouldn't cut her hair. Well, I guess promises are made to be broken. Step-daughter informed Sister last week that she needed a trim, then surprised everyone in the room by saying that she wanted to chop it all off and donate it to Locks of Love. I was sure she would change her mind as the week wore on, but she didn't. I took pictures of the whole thing, and I'll get those posted at some point. Sister cut 13" off her hair!!! After that, she evened up and styled the cut, then added blond highlights. It turned out sooo cute! Saturday night, a bunch of us went to the Drive-in and saw Pirate of the Caribbean 3. It was really good and we had lots fun, despite how cold it was up there on that mountain! Sunday and Monday were both totally lazy and I was glad for it! Sunday, we ate at Taco after church, then I went home and went to bed, then stayed curled up on the couch with a book until bedtime. Monday I woke up and found the couch again. Then I got a shower and went to Mom and Dad's. Dad grilled some awesome ribs and burgers and I pigged out. After lunch, Sister and I sat outside and tried to let these white legs of mine see some sunshine. That was very relaxing. When the sun went behind the trees, I went back in and we played Scattegories, and I won for the first time ever. When I got back home, I curled right back up on the couch with my book. Roommate and I caught up on our weeks because we haven't seen much of each other. Then it was off to bed. I woke up this morning in a great mood and ready for this week. Even the kids at work noticed what a good mood I'm in!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we were leaving good ol' Sand Mountain and passed ya'll on your way to the drive-in! Glad you had a good weekend! Can't wait to see ALly's hair!
Post a Comment