There have been had several highs and lows in my world over the past week. I have been very PMS-y, which is no good for anyone. This month I have been more sensitive than normal and on the brink of tears every second of the day. My brother completely pissed me off at Family Night on Thursday. He tore into me about Mr. Big, about me getting a tattoo, and a few other things as well. I was gearing up to yell and scream and pitch a bloody fit and then leave when Cousin called and rescued me. On top of that, The Depot was closed last week because they were on vacation, so I had to suffer through my pre-PMS without the assistance of their scrumptious hot fudge cake. That sucked. I ate one at a different restaurant on Saturday, and it paled in comparison to what I am used to. Thankfully, vacations aren't "forever" and the Depot gang is back, and I was able to have a couple of them this week. Heavenly. Saturday morning Sister cut my hair. I have spent the better of two years growing it out, letting the old color grow out, and getting it all one length; then chop-chop I go again. Really it's not that short. I lost hardly any length, but did add some long layers and I decided to try the "swoop bangs." Sister knows how anal retentive I am about bangs, so she left them long enough to tuck behind my ear. Thanks Sis! It's taking me longer to fix my hair in the mornings, but so far I love it! After that, Roommate, Sister, and I had lunch.
After all of that, it was back home to get ready for the next appointment. That's right... Saturday was tattoo day!!! I have been so excited in planning it that I could barely wait to get there. Roommate and another friend had also decided to get one as well. We rode with our friend and her husband. Friend was freaking out! A couple of weeks ago I had posted a link to the tattoo that I wanted. However, I changed my mind. I found one on another website that I liked, but I wanted to make some changes to it. Depot Friend was an Art major in college so she drew it the way I wanted it. I was getting kind of anxious on the way to the tattoo parlor realizing that I was about to voluntarily be poked with a thousand needles over and over. Shots don't really bother me all that much, so I figured I would be OK. The only time I got nervous enough to almost back out of the whole thing was when I was looking at the pictures in the albums. The pictures of fresh tattoos all sport a red, puffy ring around the new tattoo and I realized that the red places represented the painful places. I thought to myself, Well, get over it. You're here now and you're not going to back out of it. Thousands of people have done this before you and thousands will do it after you; you can do it too. Plus, nothing will hurt forever. So I geared myself up and ended up going first. So how about it was actually not the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Instead of feeling like getting a shot over and over, it felt more like someone digging a sharp fingernail into my skin. There were only two times that I had teeth-grinding pain. Most of the time he would start at the top of the line he was working on and then work his way down. Twice he started at the bottom and worked up, and that was terrible. The rest of it was not that bad. When we were on our way home that night, Friend (who threw up right after he started on her because she had her nerves so worked up, but recovered nicely and left there with the "tattoo of the day") said that while he was filling in the color, she was sort of "turned on." Roommate acted as though she had lost her ever-loving mind, but I had to agree with Friend. It only took about ten or fifteen minutes for him
to finish mine. Roommate's took about forty-five minutes and Friend's took about an hour and a half. It's now four days later, and the scabs have formed. I have to keep lotion on it to keep away the itching. Other than that, it just feels kind of like a sunburn; it's tight most of the time, itches when the lotion looses its effect, and sensitive when my pants rub against it. All in all, I love it and I'm so proud of myself for getting it done. I am really nervous about showing it to my parents. I'm not sure why exactly. I'm almost 27 years old. I was also terrified for them to find out that I smoked, which turned out to not be all that bad. I'm not sure what I expect them to do or say, but it's not like they can make it go away. I was ready to just show it to them and get it over with on Sunday, but Sister and Brother begged me not to. They were afraid that Mom might really get upset and then her Mother's Day would ruined. So I held off. We'll see how that goes...
to finish mine. Roommate's took about forty-five minutes and Friend's took about an hour and a half. It's now four days later, and the scabs have formed. I have to keep lotion on it to keep away the itching. Other than that, it just feels kind of like a sunburn; it's tight most of the time, itches when the lotion looses its effect, and sensitive when my pants rub against it. All in all, I love it and I'm so proud of myself for getting it done. I am really nervous about showing it to my parents. I'm not sure why exactly. I'm almost 27 years old. I was also terrified for them to find out that I smoked, which turned out to not be all that bad. I'm not sure what I expect them to do or say, but it's not like they can make it go away. I was ready to just show it to them and get it over with on Sunday, but Sister and Brother begged me not to. They were afraid that Mom might really get upset and then her Mother's Day would ruined. So I held off. We'll see how that goes...
No comments:
Post a Comment