Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Black-Eyed Stacy

Well, really it's not that bad. In case you didn't read yesterday's blog, here's the story. I was picking up Roommate's son from a friend's house. The friend was mowing his lawn and was driving the mower towards me. Therefore I didn't pull all the way up into the driveway, I stopped near the road. The drive in on a slope, and apparently, I underestimated the slope where I parked. I didn't steady my car door enough before getting out, and it closed on me. The corner of the door caught me in the corner of my right eye. Actually, when the door hit me, it didn't hurt all that terribly. But seconds later it hurt so much that I thought it might have been bleeding. I asked my friend if it was bleeding and he said, "No, but you have a place there. You're probably gonna have a black eye." Great. The pain never really eased for the rest of the night. Last night when I went to bed it felt like someone was trying to pry my skin off of my face in that area. Not pleasant. This morning I noticed that the pain had subsided. I looked in the mirror, and didn't see any bruising. I was so excited! But then after I got out of the shower, I could see a slight purple-ing around my eye. I managed to cover it with makeup pretty well though. As the day has worn on, some of the pain is back. It's not really pain as much as a slight discomfort. Also, some of the puffiness is noticeable if you look closely. I wore my glasses today to help in the disguise. Don't get me wrong, it's not really that major of a deal. I'm just being whiny because it's been a few years since I've had to deal with such as this. The last injury to my face was three years ago (about this same time of year) when I got hit in the forehead with a softball. Now that's a funny story. We were at church practicing before the season started. I have never played ball a day in my life; why on Earth I thought then was a good time to start, I'll never know. Obviously, I didn't have a clue about catching pop-flies. As the rule would have it, one should position his or her glove to the side of their face so that in the event they miss the ball, it hits the ground and not the face of the person behind the glove. Someone forgot to tell me that. I missed one pop-fly and said, "Hit me another one! I can do it!" Uh-huh. Needless to say, I didn't catch it with my glove. That ball came sailing through the air, right over the top of the glove, and right into my forehead. I can still hear the sound of the ball crashing into my head. I grabbed my head and said, "Oooowwwaaa! I'm OK. Owww. No, I'm OK. Owwww. It hurts!" By this point in time several people had rushed me and their bulging eyes were freaking me out. I can't remember who said what, but these are the things I was hearing: "Ooooo"; "Oh, you're gonna have a huge bruise."; "God, it's still growing!" (they were referring to the knot); "Uh-oh, you have stitches imprinted on your head." And of course, it was two months before my brother's wedding. I didn't have a bad bruise for very long, but still to this day I have a small knot on my forehead.

The day I realized that I had lost 62 pounds, I decided that 75 would be my goal. But I had to think of a way to reward myself when I reached the goal. I decided to get a tattoo. That's something that I've always wanted. When I was in high school, obviously I was too young to get one. By the time I was in college and could have gotten one, I was well on my way up the scales and wasn't comfortable enough with my body to go through with it. Finally, I'm old enough to get one and comfortable enough with my body again. My appointment is scheduled for Saturday, May 12. I am so excited!!! I am freaking out a little about the pain involved, but I have picked out the cutest tattoo. It's totally me and pretty original. I have been planning for sometime to get it at the top of my right butt cheek/hip area. However, after a close examination of my rear end this morning, I discovered too many stretch marks in that area. I have decided to get it in the small of my back. Here is the link to the one I have picked out. The one I have picked out is on the top row, third from the left. It's three daisies and music notes. Save the anti-tattoo lectures, but let me know if you like the design.

No comments: