I have had a pretty busy week. In fact, much of it has been down right stressful. There were a few issues at work that came up and problems that had to be dealt with. But today is Friday, and it seems that everything has worked itself out. Knock on wood... there are three hours left to go... I have had a few days of stress concerning Bull Rider. There were things that I found out about him that I didn't like, and I was trying to decide if it was worth dealing with or not. He must have been thinking the same thing about me, because he hasn't called since we saw each other Tuesday night. I have seen him twice this week at lunch. Both times we said "hello" to each other, but past that we seem to have run out of words for each other. Oh well, no harm no foul. But instead of going on and on about all the cruddy parts of my week, I'm going to share with you a very random story from my week that made me laugh.
Tuesday I was on my way to work. There is an old church on a hill about a mile up from our house. As I passed by, I noticed that there was a truck in the parking lot. It is very unusual to see any vehicles there during the week, so when I saw the truck I had to take a second glance. With this second glance, I saw an older gentleman sitting in the driver's seat smoking a cigarette. Then I saw another man standing next to the church building. More specifically, he was standing in the corner between the porch and the building with his back turned to the road and his arms in front of him. Yes friends, he was relieving himself. Right in front of the church ~ actually, sort of on the church. And, right on the side of the road so that anyone driving by could catch him in the act. It still makes me laugh to think about it, because it just seems so ridiculous. I am sure that he was in desperate need to go, but could he not have went to the backside of the building? I was so cracked up, and I know that the older man saw me laughing and shaking my head. Before I got past them too far, I did what I thought best for such a situation. I blew my horn, waved, and kept on going!!!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment