This morning I woke up a little bit earlier than usual so that I could get my laundry done. That seems to be a never-ending job. Anyhow... I got that going and then made my coffee and settled in with my book. I do this every morning before I get ready for work. While I'm reading, I keep the TV on CMT because that's the only time of day that they actually play music. This morning an old Garth Brooks video came on, Standing Outside the Fire. Most of you probably remember that one; the kid with Downs Syndrome signs up for the track team. His dad and the coach don't want him to do it, his mom helps him train, and he races in the big meet. During the race, he falls and gets hurt, but his dad won't let him quit and runs with him all the way to the finish line. I must be PMSing again, because watching it made me cry. I saw that video probably a thousand times when I was a teenager and it never brought tears to my eyes. What is happening to me these days?
Then I came to work. It hasn't been a "terrible" day, but it hasn't been the greatest day either. When the school-aged kids are here all day (every day) something is always bound to happen. Here's the day so far: a wretched mess in the boys bathroom; a squabble with two girls; a mad daddy on my hands about something else; then a mad mom; then another mad dad. You would think this place was falling apart around me, but most days I think everything is great. Then I get a day like this and it's almost more than I can take. Then, a dear friend of mine sent me an email that totally uplifted me. It said:
God wanted me to tell you... Everything that is going wrong in your life today shall be well with you this year. No matter how much your enemies try this year, they will not succeed... Your agonies will be diverted and victory and prosperity will be incoming in abundance... God will NEVER let you down.
That wasn't all of it, but that's the part that I appreciated the most. I spent a lot of time in prayer this morning... for a good friend of mine having surgery today, for things at work, my finances, my pending relationship with Bull Rider, my life in general, and situations going on with my close friends and family members. I left home feeling like my load had been lifted. Then I got to work and everything started piling in on me. Isn't that the way it always goes? It was so awesome to open that email and read those words. It reminded me of how I need to handle my problems... just take them to God.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment