
Or should I say "birthday whore?" I love celebrating my birthday! I'm not as overly obnoxious about it as some people I know, but I am obnoxious about it. I dedicate an entire week to my birthday. Why not? I mean, if I'm not going to make a big deal over myself, then who is going to? My birthday was actually two days ago, June 25 to be exact. For those of you counting, that day was six months to the day until Christmas Day, so start saving the cash and start buying up presents now if you don't want to get stuck pushing time. On Sunday night my family got together at a new steakhouse in our area to celebrate my birthday as well as my sister-in-law's. Hers is today, two days after mine; she is three years younger than me. I racked up on the gifts. One of my friends gave me the new Bon Jovi cd, Lost Highway. I am in love with Jon Bon Jovi. The cd is awesome and I already know nearly every word to every song! My grandparents, sister, aunt and uncle, parents, and Roommate all gave me cash. I got $230, and I didn't waste any time going shopping. A girl at work gave me a huge bag of M&Ms, 1/2 pound Hershey's bar, and a bag of Dove chocolate. She must be trying to suck up; and it's totally working because chocolate is my most favorite thing in the world!
<This is me with my little sister. Some people think she looks older. hahaha...
So back to Monday... I took off work. I still went to lunch at The Depot, and let it be known to a few people that it was my birthday so that they would say "happy birthday" to me, which they did. After that I had to drive to town to get my driver's license re-newed. There is a satellite office for the license department at the mall so that's where I went. Wouldn't ya know it, there was a sign posted that said that driver's licenses could not be processed at that location. So back in the truck (Sis had my car while hers was getting an oil change so I was in Roommate's truck) and to the Courthouse. I hate going there. Parking is a bitch, especially in the big truck. It was pretty painless though. In less than twenty minutes, I was back in the truck. I was excited to re-new them because the picture on the old one was wretched. Unfortunately, I wasn't ready when she snapped the picture, so this one isn't much better. Isn't that how it always goes?
Then I went to Goody's. I couldn't find hardly any clothes that said "take me home," so I spent $25 on a watch, 2 pairs of earrings (which I haven't worn in 5 years or longer but recently learned that they will take 10 pounds off your appearance, so I have brought them back into my world), and a pair of flip-flops. After that, I went to Cato's. When I walk through the door at that store, it's like I can hear the angels singing. I can always find what I'm looking for there, and the prices are so reasonable. Actually, most of their clothes are cheaper than the clothes at Wal-Mart these days, and they're more stylish and hold up better over time. I was like a mad woman in there! I walked through the front door and immediately grabbed the shirt hanging right next to the entrance. I put it back thinking to myself that I was going to have to slow down a little. But then I changed my mind and picked it back up. From there I was like a machine. I made four trips in and out of the dressing room. I had a pile started behind the counter so that I didn't have to lug around all those clothes while I was shopping. The two ladies working there were getting so cracked up at me. By the time I left, I had purchased three new shirts, a skirt, three pairs of capri pants, a set of pajamas, and a new pair of shoes. And I still have a good bit of money left over. 

This is my friend and me. She gave me the Bon Jovi cd. She's about to move to T-Town, and I'm going to miss her sooo much!!!
After I left Cato's, I sat in th
e truck in the parking lot and changed into this new outfit. It occurred to me half way through that difficult process that had the right individuals seen me do this I would have been arrested for indecent exposure. The coolest part about the new clothes is that all my pants are size 12!!! The scales haven't moved in a couple of months, so I'm still at a total loss of 75 pounds, but now I can boast that I have lost 4 sizes. Well... I was a size 20, and now I'm a size 12. Sizes run in even-numbers, so it that four sizes or eight? I'm not sure. Eight sounds better. Hmmm...
After I changed, I met up with Crazy-Cousin, Sister, and Friend at Red Lobster. It was Sister's treat and I pigged out! It was so delicious, and we had the most awesome time. Crazy Cousin attends the same college that I attended, and has followed in my footsteps. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but she's having the time of her life, as did I when I was there. Her mother is having a fit about a few of her escapades, much as my mother did, and we had to share those stories. Of course, Sister told our server that it was my birthday so they brought me a bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup with a candle on top and sang to me. The one thing that this "birthday whore" does not like is to be sang to in public, but I little say in the matter. I did enjoy the free ice cream though! Then we moved our party outside to take pictures. A couple of good-looking men were checking us out during that process. None of my companions thought they were good-looking, but then again I'm attracted to the 30-somethings and they're not.
My office door is decorated with homemade birthday cards that the kids made me, and all the "real" cards that I got are scattered about my office. I got tons of phone calls, text messages, and Myspace messages and comments. That was awesome. All in all it has been a great birthday week. Only one thing is missing. Apparently, everyone (everyone meaning my mother and my sister) forgot to get me a cake. Hmph. Actually, I prefer cookie cakes, from The Great American Cookie Company, with lots of white frosting, and no artificial colors like blue and green. (hint, hint, Sister.)


1 comment:
i love your shirt
Post a Comment